Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green and red "houses" in the Liffey

Options
  • 12-09-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

anyone know what they're for? They were being installed earlier today, between O'Connell Bridge and the Ha'penny Bridge...looks like a giant monopoly game:D

Comments

58528_499138303776_93832193776_5096506_6405975_n.jpgSomething to do with the Fringe festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

its an artistic 'installation' supposed to represent the shoddy way the property market has developed over recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bossman07

i would imagine them house,s in the liffey, have firmer footings than a lot of house,s that were put up around the country.and time will show it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Red ones are hotels. Green ones are houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

I bagsy the Car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Can anyone put one of these houses in the Liffey or does the artist have a monopoly on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Papa Smut wrote: »
    58528_499138303776_93832193776_5096506_6405975_n.jpgSomething to do with the Fringe festival.

Auctioneers will be falling over each other to sell these as riverside apartments come monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

chughes wrote: »
    Can anyone put one of these houses in the Liffey or does the artist have a monopoly on this ?

http://instantrimshot.com/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Perfect commentary on the property bubble this country had.

One big game of monopoly where the bankers, the developers, the builders, the auctioneers, the investors and the housebuyers all played and most of whom lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So why is that art and not littering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No its strictly forbidden but he just took a chance and did it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

I heard about this last week, it's new gaffs for the affordable housing scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 whirlagigwitch

I'd be surpised if these houses stays afloat in the current climate. I look forward to the day when the flooding of the market is all just water under the bridge.
    http://instanttumbleweed.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'd be surpised if these houses stays afloat in the current climate. I look forward to the day when the flooding of the market is all just water under the bridge.
    http://instanttumbleweed.com/

go_to_jail.jpg

I wonder if there'll be free parking along the Liffey to stop and look at the exhibition

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Can someone please tell me where the 'Go!' is? I want to collect a free €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Houseboats for dwarves.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

So why is that art and not littering?
    Well it's not littering because the Artist has permission to put them there and it's Art because the Artist was commisioned by the fringe festival to do it.

Can someone please tell me where the 'Go!' is? I want to collect a free €200.

Get yourself made redundant and then sign on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

You can only build 4 houses then you have to build a hotel!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

funny stuff alri
    61194_481378721080_689576080_7005015_3301458_n.jpg

59477_481378771080_689576080_7005018_6517408_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

its an artistic 'installation' supposed to represent the shoddy way the property market has developed over recent years

If it's art,surely if it has to be explained it fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

dubtom wrote: »
    If it's art,surely if it has to be explained it fails.
    I disagree.

Why do Art Appreciation classes exist if what you say is true ?

Not everyone "gets" art but are genuinely interested and appreciate it all the more if it's explained to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I disagree.

Why do Art Appreciation classes exist if what you say is true ?

Not everyone "gets" art but are genuinely interested and appreciate it all the more if it's explained to them.

Mmmmm, I appreciate Art when, just by looking or touching,I can see or feel the talent of the artist, I don't need a class for that. IMHO, art appreciation classes exist because gullible people pay for them.

Advertisement