Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st time on Cork

Options
  • 12-09-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow is my time in Cork, I am staying in a hotel on Lapps Quay where is a good place for a pint? maybe live Trad music if available.

Comments

Think you'll struggle on a Monday night, places will be fairly dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Charlie's would be the first to come to mind, about a 2min walk from the Clarion,

head towards City hall but take a right down along the river,
    around 4 pubs next to each other there - nice small pub, music every Monday night

Crane Lane would be the second option, usually a very late start on weekdays, often at midnight,

5 min walk form Lapps quay, head to the gpo,
    it's hidden down a side street kind of opposite the side entrance of the gpo
    probably best asking someone smoking outside canty's pub to be certain, only a few feet from that pub

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/eventguide/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Winty wrote: »
    Tomorrow is my time in Cork, I am staying in a hotel on Lapps Quay where is a good place for a pint? maybe live Trad music if available.

Head to Clancys on Marlboro Street and learn to do some Irish dancing

http://www.clancys-bar.com/index.php?pageID=18

Your hotel will be able to give you directions - it's not terribly far from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

They may have Trad in Sin E or The CornerHouse on a Monday- both are side by side - and both are good pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Thanks everyone, Never found any trad but had a great dinner in Liberty Grill and a bucket of Beamish in the Woodford I think?

All in all a great night

• Advertisement
Advertisement