Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A word of warning in relation to ryanair vouchers

Options
  • 12-09-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

As a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying ryanair vouchers to bypass their admin fees id like to share my experience. Ive gone past the angry phase into one of almost admiration at the way their system is designed to maximise the amount of money they take from their customers.

I bought 300 euros worth of vouchers to pay for a return flight for two. The one oversight and a major one on my part is the rule that states you can only use 4 vouchers on any booking. This is a total of 200 euros max that you can spend, the remainder would have to be paid by card, admin fees added on :(

I had no money in my bank account following the purchase of the vouchers. This turned me to the idea of buying two seperate
    journeys out and back. This also is a dead end though for two reasons.

1) Even when I try to book the outward flight, I get an error message on the last page, An error condition exists which is preventing you from continuing. You may wish to start over and try again.
    If you continue to get this error message, please contact the airline.

2) Another factor of the rules in relation to vouchers is that they can only be used in the currency of issue (euro), this means
    that I cannot use them for the flight back from stockholm as the site defaults to swedish currency (no way to select euro)

All in all ryanair have me by the balls, only way I get it sorted is by phoning the ryanair helpline paying so far 15 euros for the pleasure, and ill have to pay the admin fees anyway. Oh also if you use ryanair vouchers you wont get a refund on the balance or be able to use it for additional flights.

All in all, the risk involved in using these vouchers is not worth the possible savings. Congrats to ryanair, enjoy my money.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement