Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Vodafone PAYG to Bill

Options
  • 12-09-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Switching from Vodafone PAYG to Bill what do I need to bring to the shop. I presume proof of address like bank statement and driving license. Is their any conditions which have to be met before they give you a contract like employment etc ? Also what is the availablility of the iPhone 4 - are they regulary out of stock with waiting lists or can I pick one up handy enough?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You need to bring photo ID that's in date and proof of address dated in the past three months, a bill or bank statement is best. Letters and the like aren't acceptable

There are no other set conditions other than being over 18 but you can be rejected or asked for a deposit that you get back after paying a few bills.

No idea about iPhone 4 availability

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

i was in cpw in omni pk santry and they told me that there were no iphones, be it ip4 or 3gs in stock. Apparently the 3gs is been phased out....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

hmm.....no iphone 4 then I wouldnt be bothered with the contract then except for the new Blackberry 9800 which nobody seems to know about. Will check a few other shops out but was going to use the CPW as I have a N97 unlocked which I was going to trade in for €150 off the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their may not be payg, but could be billpay ones. You need to ask your local store

I contacted them today and they are in stock apparently.

Was just looking the 3GS only came with 8gb and the 4 comes with 16gb or 32gb.

Is 32gb really necessary ?

Not sure if its worth the extra €100.

Opinions please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

16 gigs is loads unless you are planning having lots of videos etc on it. the 32 gig is harder to get anyways.

regards the 8gb, yeah they are harder to come by, i work in an o2 shop and we just cant get them in!!!!! there seems to be a problem with manufacture. publicity stunt anyone?

garyegt wrote: »
    16 gigs is loads unless you are planning having lots of videos etc on it. the 32 gig is harder to get anyways.

regards the 8gb, yeah they are harder to come by, i work in an o2 shop and we just cant get them in!!!!! there seems to be a problem with manufacture. publicity stunt anyone?

Aye, 16GB seems the way to go - Cheers.

Is O2 selling them to the public yet as I noticed they do a plan at €35 a month whereas Vodafone are doing the same 150min/150 texts and 2GB data at €45!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

im honestly not sure. i dont think so. they have to drop that fuppin soon!

the 35 is a sim only plan. your looking at 40 euro on the 18 month contract.

Anyone know if Vodafone ship a micro-sim with the iPhone 4 if changing from PAYG to Bill if you buy online or do you need to actually cut your own sim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SpaceBeetle

I got a PAYG iPhone 4 last week, and it came with a micro-sim. Had to phone them up tro activate it - a quick & straightforward job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement