Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom upgrade to 7.0mb

• 12-09-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

eircom rang me on friday offering to upgrade my current 3mb broadband to 7mb for 4euro extra a month.seems all well and good. i think im paying roughly 60 a month for 3mb and free landline calls etc. my question is, will it affect ping times? i heard they increase when you change from 3mb to 7mb? i do a bit of gaming now and then and generally have a good ping. id hate to upgrade and get a load of lag. also do they upgrade the upload speed withi this offer?

couldn't be arsed to fix spelling mistakes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Try sentences and paragraphs next time, until then the answer is maybe. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

dont shoot me oh great one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

60 quid for 3mb and a few calls. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

got anything better to suggest living in the middle of nowere? my bill usually ends up around 100:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Maybe try Fastcom if in south Donegal, Wireless is often zippier and with lower latency than DSL.

What are your current pings and line stats ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have 7Mb now and it's used for a lot of online games. There is more lag but it's not bad and can be used easily for games. If you don't get much of an increase in speed even if you're on the 7Mb speed it may be better to stay at 3.

Advertisement