Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea returns - can i get parts?

Options
  • 12-09-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I've just put together an Ikea bedside cabinet to find that the outer part of the drawer unit is slightly cracked. Can I simply get the required part from Ikea, does anyone know? Or do I have to take the whole unit apart again in order to return it? :(

P.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

they are pretty helpful, they'll give you a whole new unit or take a part out of another box for you if you bring the receipt and the part back

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact IKEA in the morning, they'll be the best for offering advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Yep I worked in the returns section of IKEA for a short placment a few years ago and we used to just take the broken part from the customer, get a new box, give the customer the correct part and pop the broken part back into the box for disposal/return.

Give them a buzz though first to check this is still the case and that they have spare complete units in stick for the change over.

Advertisement