Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calf strain

Options
  • 12-09-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi all
    Been running for about 3 months now,things progressing nicely following hh novice 1 with the intention of doing dcm next year with some 10k's and hm's before.
    I was doing lsr 10 mile a week ago, when at 6 mile i felt progressively worsening pain in my right calf(just above achilles).I walked for a bit when it got really sore and it seemed to improve so i started to run again but it went again at 9 mile so i walked home and then iced it.It felt ok after that,no problem walking on but i decided to rest it for a week.
    So i decided to do a 3 miler today and only got as far as 1 mile when the pain really kicked in,walked home but its been bloody sore all day.
    After researching internet i recon its a grade 2 calf strain.
    Has anyone had such a strain and if so how long did you rest it for,what exercises do you use to build it up?
    I know i should visit a physio but money is tight at the moment.Any advice welcome.

<mod- sorry ger34, no-one here could diagnose you correctly, bad advice could exacerbate the injury. /mod>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement