Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 12-09-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Heya, im just wondering if i was right in assuming this.
    I went into Xtravision to buy a phone and it was advertised from 69.99. When i got to the counter i asked for the 69.99 one and the person told me that a trade in was needed. I went back over to the display and looked everywhere for a sign that said trade in needed for this phone, there was none. I went back and told him this and he said it was head offices problem not his.

In the end i was charged 99.99 ( i really needed a phone so i got it )

Are they allowed to do this?
    The other sales assistant tried to feed me some bs story about how it was FROM 69.99 and that you could only buy the 99.99 one or trade in a phone and get 20 off but that didnt add up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

did it say "from" on the sign?

anyway, look up "invitation to treat" which should help to explain their position too.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

yeah it did and ok thanks for your help

Advertisement