Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank machines in the city

• 12-09-2010 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story with the atms in the city tonight?I went to 4 this evening and there all out of service, very annoying.Another annoying thing is that alot of the machines only give out 50's, what if you need a taxi home , usually the taxi man doesn't have change of a 50, only in ireland, some joke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

The €50 thing really grinds my gears. I was out once and had €49.73 in it :( to this day I remember the overreaction I had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Just to let everyone know the bank machine that was at Supervalu on Morgan street is back now but outside the tsb bank.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i hate the machine in Ballybricken, i was behind a guy once and he commented as he walked away about his crad being damaged, then it gives me the same message. 9 times out of 10 it says your card is damaged.

That one and the one outside the AIB branch in Michael Street will only give out 50's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i hate the machine in Ballybricken, i was behind a guy once and he commented as he walked away about his crad being damaged, then it gives me the same message. 9 times out of 10 it says your card is damaged.

That one and the one outside the AIB branch in Michael Street will only give out 50's.

Yeah i was using that one in Ballybricken during the week and it said my card was damaged,works fine in every other atm.

The Bank of Ireland in Lisduggan gives out €10 notes every time i use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fcuking things.Took half an hour to get a bank machine last night.
    Ballybricken- Card Damaged (Lies)
    Super-Valu - Out of service
    Londis - Out of service
    Centra - Out of service

Finally the BoI on the Quay worked.Fcuking things :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Tonight

The one in tesco poleberry out of service
    bank of ireland lisduggan out of service
    Petrol station lisduggan out of service
    AIB paddy brown road card faulty(its not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Does anyone know what the story with the atms in the city tonight?I went to 4 this evening and there all out of service, very annoying.Another annoying thing is that alot of the machines only give out 50's, what if you need a taxi home , usually the taxi man doesn't have change of a 50, only in ireland, some joke

They all probably got a lot of use as the festival was on. Although they should have been prepared for that.

edit: Although the ATMs out by Lisduggan all being out of service is odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

oh and I used to live in ballybricken, the amount of times I felt like hitting that thing with a sledge hammer, dont get me started

The worsed thing about tonight is that I was in a taxi going to all these different places looking for money to pay for the fare while at the same time the fare was going up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I used the one in BOI Lisduggan earlier and it was working,also the one in spar Barracks St. is always working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Maybe it's because of this newish wave of ripping then out of the wall and making off with the money so they are letting ones run out of order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Obvioulsy the reason a lot of the ATMs are out of service is that on the weekend, everyone is going to them and they run out of cash usually on saturday, simple solution is get more money out on a friday or during week. Its not a big problem

All the banks are putting less into their machines now as a security measure against it being attacked by a JCB and stolen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I went to one last week requesting my balance. It told me, but I didn't think there was any need for the LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Max Powers wrote: »
    Obvioulsy the reason a lot of the ATMs are out of service is that on the weekend, everyone is going to them and they run out of cash usually on saturday, simple solution is get more money out on a friday or during week. Its not a big problem

All the banks are putting less into their machines now as a security measure against it being attacked by a JCB and stolen

I don't use much more than €200 cash a month. Using electronic for almost everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TSB Ardkeen was out of order this morning, had to use the Ardkeen Stores machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

johndoe99 wrote: »

I use that regularly and it gives out 20's. Occasionally, if I use it at a bad time (after a busy day and before its been refilled) it will only have 50's, but I mostly get 20's.

Advertisement