Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

having email replies sent to two addresses

• 12-09-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I have windows mail on a vista laptop and thunderbird on a win 7 desktop
    I want to be able to send an email from the vista with win mail and have the reply come back to both with two different email addresses. Is this possible? i tried to enter both addresses separated by a ; in the reply section on the properties on the win mail window. it said it was not right but did i want to continue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Did you try setting multiple "reply to" addresses in your "account settings"??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭SparrowTown

Did you try setting multiple "reply to" addresses in your "account settings"??
    i tried to enter both addresses separated by a ; in the reply section on the properties on the win mail window.
    is this what you mean?

Though it is not there now someone else wrote
    You can only have one reply to address you could have the two accounts on each machine, so you can check mail coming to both addresses

If i do that them when it is downloaded to one it will not download to another will it? or will it? you could be right... I will check

No won't work. Might work if bothe pc were checking at exact same time. It is eircom and once downloaded will not download again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

If i do that them when it is downloaded to one it will not download to another will it? or will it? you could be right... I will check

Correct, if you download your email to one account it will be gone from the server when you try to check it on the second account.

You could of course set the mail account on the providers end so that it leaves a copy on the server but you don't really want to do that as it will fill up your inbox in no time which will result in you not being able to get any mail.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

You could of course set the mail account on the providers end so that it leaves a copy on the server but you don't really want to do that as it will fill up your inbox in no time which will result in you not being able to get any mail.
    i don't think that will work with eircom once downloaded to one it will not download again. you would have it on the eircom site but would have to log in and of course the inbox would fill quickly.

i don't think that will work with eircom once downloaded to one it will not download again. you would have it on the eircom site but would have to log in and of course the inbox would fill quickly.

Could you set up an autoforward on one email address to forward a copy all received emails to the other email account.

• Advertisement

Could you set up an autoforward on one email address to forward a copy all received emails to the other email account.
    i do not see how to do that o eircom?

You can do it on windows mail using "message rules". Just create a rule for all incoming email to forward to your other email address. Not the cleanest way of doing things, but it should accomplish what you need.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Organize-e-mail-using-rules-and-folders

You can do it on windows mail using "message rules". Just create a rule for all incoming email to forward to your other email address. Not the cleanest way of doing things, but it should accomplish what you need.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Organize-e-mail-using-rules-and-folders
    hey thanks for that;), i never thought of that
    edit does not work on eircom because the two addresses i want to receive it are both on my eircom account

hey thanks for that;), i never thought of that
    edit does not work on eircom because the two addresses i want to receive it are both on my eircom account

Sorry, maybe I am not understanding your desired set up correctly.

You have a vista machine with email address A set up on it
    Windows 7 machine with email address B set up on it

You want to send an email address form email address B, but have the reply come back to both email address A and B.

Do you want all emails sent address B to come back to both accounts, or just particular emails?

Or maybe could you tell us more a little more about what you want to do so maybe we could suggest another way of doing it that might also work?

You have a vista machine with email address A set up on it
    Windows 7 machine with email address B set up on it
    yes
    You want to send an email address form email address B, but have the reply come back to both email address A and B.
    no send from A/Vista come back to both

Do you want all emails sent address B to come back to both accounts, or just particular emails?
    all emails sent from A to return to A and B

Thanks

• Advertisement

I'm not 100% certain if this will work, but you might be able to set gmail up as an email proxy.
    - Set up a new gmail account.
    - Then use this account to access your pop3 account(same one that you have set up on your vista box.)
    - Get windows mail on your vista box to use your gmail account/servers rather than your eircom credentials/servers

THe following article might be of some use to you :
    http://www.emailquestions.com/gmail/51-gmail-using-gmail-all-your-email.html

Then use gmail to forward all emails received to your other eircom address that is set up on the Windows 7 box.

Might take a little bit of messing around to get it set up, but I think it should work for you.

Let us know how you get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

I see one is an eircom address what is the email address of the other machine.

Why not just set up the same account on both machines (or is that what you are trying)

If it is let me know and I will tell you how do do that.

Advertisement