Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog issue

Options
  • 12-09-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I'm not sure where to post this but I am looking for advice. We have two female (neutered) dogs, a small collie and a pet greyhound (rehomed). The dogs bark when people pass our house. Sometimes they don't bark at at all at certain people or can't be bothered. Our house is on its own 1/2 mile from neighbours so the dogs are my security, well they bark anyway! They are fenced in so they can run and play in our garden. I can call them back and give them a treat if I want to put them in their kennels. In the last few months a neighbour has being passing by with a dog on the lead. After a time I noticed our dogs barking alot at her. One evening I heard a noise outside our hedge and it was this person dragging a stick along the hedge with desired results from the dogs. This is a regular occurance and yes even when I put them in this person still hits a stick on the road/hedge to upset the kennelled dogs, I kid you not. I have no contact/history with this person and it started a few months ago. I honestly have no idea why and want no confrontation I assure you. Has anybody had an experience like this or where might I get other advice about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 20questions

I have had a similar experience in that it is my next door neighbour who is tormenting my dog, banging on the fence and calling her then throwing stones when she barks. I have had it out wit him and for a while had to keep my dog in. I now have her back outside in the day time as my opinion is is she barks its his fault anyway and the only person its annoying is him. You are lucky in that this person is not a constant presense near your house but maybe the next time they are passing you could just happen to be bringing your dogs out for a walk, or be in the garden, make sure your presence is felt, that they know you are there and that you can see them

Advertisement