Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Science Stage 2 - Registration Confusion

Options
  • 12-09-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I was really confused with my registration for my second year of BSocSc. I thought I finally had everything sorted out, but now I'm not so sure. I just realised that this semester I'm registered for both Sociological Theory Level 2 and Sociological Theory Level 3 :confused: Am I right to be worried about this? Is Level 3 not supposed to be taken in third year, or is the name just getting me more confused than I need to be? XD

Here are my core/options. Are these what I should be taking in my first year of Stage 2?

• SOC20020: Work & Social Stratification
    • SOC20050: Qualitative Research
    • SOC20100: Sociological Theory Level 2
    • SOC20120: State
    • SOC30050: Political Sociology
    • SOC30140: Sociological Theory Level 3
    • POL20020: Family Demography Soc Pol
    • SPOL20050: Economics of Social Policy
    • SPOL30010: Policy-making, implementa
    • STAT10010: Introductory Statistics

Any help would be appreciated (:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

http://www.ucd.ie/acshs/bsocsc_pathways.html

have a look here it will tell you everything you need to know - and yes you will do some level 3 in year 2 - just make sure you have your core modules picked - me personally have theory 2 for this year and theory 3 left for next

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

anyone know anything about electives.. im in first year and my electives have been confirmed but havent't shown up on my timetable?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

aimerlans wrote: »
    anyone know anything about electives.. im in first year and my electives have been confirmed but havent't shown up on my timetable?:confused:

Could both of them be in the Second Semester.

Advertisement