Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Releasing equity

Options
  • 12-09-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Quick question for anyone that may be able to help....
    Are any of the banks still offering the service of freeing up equity on houses ? I have no mortgage on the house i want to do this on and have an incoming rental income.... what rates could i expect ? ... i am looking to free up 120-150K and it has a realistic selling value even in the current climate of ~280K....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 petermurp

In the past banks would work off the anticipated rental income of an investment property. They still do but they also need to ensure your salary will service the loan when the property is idle.

I guess it will all come down to your overall portfolio before a bank will make a decision. Best speaking to a broker when looking for complex advice.

Advertisement