Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporary job and alowance

• 12-09-2010 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,
    My partner currently on jobseeker's allowance ( witch is paid for all family, coz I am minding my 2 children) and maybe I will get some work for Christmas period !

I'm just wondering what to tell the dole. ( coz I am not receiving jobseeker, but my partner does), will they know if I will pay a tax?
    Do I just not tell them? (coz we are receiving rent allowance too,and if they will cut that, we are in big big trouble)
    who has been in this situation before, just so as I know what to do?
    Any advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fish6483

u can work up to 20 hours a day 3 days a week they just deduct a certain amount off. for example what i have been told is, earning 150 a week 3 days a week they deduct roughly 50 from dole and 20 from rent. and u can only max work 3 days a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Loraa

but what if I wont tell them... Its huge hassle tell doll, rent allowance, medical card...and how long will it take, to get all back? as I said it is only for christmas period!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Binder

Well to not tell them that is classed as fraud......

The system doesn't allow for people to quickly come on/off benefits which i think is part o the problem.

It doesn't encourage people to take temp work

you wright , but I really want to do this job, coz it will give me more opportunities in future! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Do not ask for help on how to commit fraud on this forum.
    If you have a temporary job you must inform them. If it is only going to be for a short period of time, your claim may be suspended for that length of time, so there will be no waiting period again.

• Advertisement

thank you very much!;)

Advertisement