Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure Centre

Options
  • 12-09-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Where is the nearest Leisure Centre to Tubbercurry, that is with gym and pool.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Probably Avena leisure center in Ballisodare is closest to Tubbercurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cobwebs

cassi wrote: »
    Probably Avena leisure center in Ballisodare is closest to Tubbercurry.
    Many thanks for that. Just rang Avena. Very competitive membership fees.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

cobwebs wrote: »
    Many thanks for that. Just rang Avena. Very competitive membership fees.:p

The company who own the leisure centre in Ballisodare are in recievership, so I'd be wary of paying money to them up front.

If you do, then pay by credit card - that way, if the go into liquidation, you have more of a chance of getting your money back. If you pay by cash or laser & they go belly up, you'll most likely never see the money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cobwebs

The company who own the leisure centre in Ballisodare are in recievership, so I'd be wary of paying money to them up front.

If you do, then pay by credit card - that way, if the go into liquidation, you have more of a chance of getting your money back. If you pay by cash or laser & they go belly up, you'll most likely never see the money again.

Thanks for the tip off. Shows the value of this website.

Thats terrible about them going into recievership! There may also be the option to pay monthly by D.D. That way you can also cancel it, I know you're prob not suppose to by contract but it can be done and is quite common with Leisure centers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

The company who own the leisure centre in Ballisodare are in recievership

Are you sure about that? I thought it was the company that built the apartments and the leisure centre, but that the company who own the centre are not in difficulty. In fact I thought I read that here somewhere, maybe not. Edit: Here's the post under my previous username. Don't know if it's correct, but I knew I had it here somewhere!

The advice about CC booking is good though, if you have one. My other half joined Aveena a while ago and she did another deal which may suit either. You take out an annual membership, but only pay for 3 months up front, then pay each month. My wife was advised of this by a staff member, who said that if she didn't feel she was making good use of it, she could just cancel.

I think it was by DD, but you may be able to do it by CC, check with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Hi TheQ47.

Nope - Avena Developments both own & run the leisure centre and Avena is now in receivership.

I think the company that built the complex also owns the leisure center! I'm not 100% though.

Either way, I would definetly be wary of giving the full sum in cash or cheque. Its perfectly fine to ask what would happen to your money if the center closes. There may (or at least should be) something in the terms and conditions about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

As a matter of interest how much is membership and can you pay monthly DD now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

bennyc wrote: »
    As a matter of interest how much is membership and can you pay monthly DD now ?
    Benny, here's a price list I got in January. I don't know if it's changed since, but at least it's an indication:

Opening Hours:
    • Mon -Fri: 0630 - 2200;
    • Sat: 0700 - 2100;
    • Sun & B/Hol: 0900 - 2100.
    Children U/12 and Youths (12-18) from 0900 - 1900 only.

Pricelist for Full Unlimited Membership
    • 3 Months: €175 per 1 adult, additional €35 per child
    • 6 Months: €325 per 1 adult, one child free, additional €60 per 2nd and subsequent child
    • 12 Months: €550 per 1 adult, children u/12 free
    Pricelist for Off-Peak Membership

(M-F: 0800-1600, Sa-Su & B/Hol: 0900-2100)
    • 3 Months: €145 per 1 adult, additional €35 per child
    • 6 Months: €265 per 1 adult, one child free, additional €60 per 2nd and subsequent child
    • 12 Months: €450 per 1 adult, children u/12 free
    P.S. I know you, don't I?

• Advertisement
Advertisement