Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

working while on jsa, informing the dole

• 12-09-2010 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

wife got a pt job working 17 hours a week 3 days a week making bout 150 a week before taxes. Went to social to tell them they said to bring in a pay slip this was over 3 weeks ago, she only got hired there almost 2 weeks ago, she has not recieved a pay slip or been paid for that manner but she will do this week. so whats gonna happen when i bring the payslip in who do i have to meet with? community welfare officer. also will our claim be stopped while they "means test" she is a dependant on my jsa claim.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The Community Welfare Officer has nothing to do with JSA. You will be going to the local office of the DSP as they are now called. You will be talking to a Welfare Inspector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭daltonm

fish6483 wrote: »
    wife got a pt job working 17 hours a week 3 days a week making bout 150 a week before taxes. Went to social to tell them they said to bring in a pay slip this was over 3 weeks ago, she only got hired there almost 2 weeks ago, she has not recieved a pay slip or been paid for that manner but she will do this week. so whats gonna happen when i bring the payslip in who do i have to meet with? community welfare officer. also will our claim be stopped while they "means test" she is a dependant on my jsa claim.

"Part-time or casual work
    If you get part-time or casual work (up to and including 3 days per week), you may still be paid a proportion of your Jobseeker's Allowance. However, you must show that you are trying to get full-time employment."
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/unemployed-people/jobseekers-allowance

A lot of information there - as far as I remember the JSA is payable for 6 days per week, so she would still get 3 days.

If you receive rent allowance then you should inform the CWO
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/supplementary-welfare-schemes/rent_supplement

this is means tested so there may be a decrease in your allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fish6483

thats the thing was just down at cwo office and she asked if there was ny income i said no as there isnt really she has not been paid. we just moved and got in re instated. she be around next week should probably tell her then really think she will be annoyed with me. i did tell her the truth missus isnt sure bout the job as boss he is not the best. and she has not even gotten a check yet.

Advertisement