Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function Room in Dublin City?

Options
  • 12-09-2010 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm throwing a party in a couple of months for approx. 200 guests and was looking for a function room in Dublin city, preferably around the Camden Street or Temple Bar area, but not necessarily.

I would prefer if I could have the room privately for the entire night as I know some venues offer a room until a certain time and it is then free to anyone after that. And most importantly, as I am on a strict budget I would ideally like a cheap or free place if at all possible.

I really hope you may have some suggestions for me. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Garda Club on Harrington St?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The mods had their beers night in the Sugar Club in Lesson Street. Good reports about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 partygal1

Had the afters of my debs in sugar club and wasn't too mad about it, but thanks a million for the idea anyways!

Any idea how many people the Garda Club would fit? I'm just a tad bit worried about the place looking very empty if the room is too big!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

partygal1 wrote: »
    Any idea how many people the Garda Club would fit? I'm just a tad bit worried about the place looking very empty if the room is too big!!

Website says up to 100 people so probably too small in the bar room, there's also a function/ball room afaik.

Irish Bankers Club just off Georges St holds up to 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

Came across this in the Hugh Lane Gallery site; looks beautiful in the pic: http://www.hughlane.ie/gallery_hire.php?cat=about ... though I don't know about the price, of course; anyway, here's their info:

Foyer and Sculpture Hall
    The stunning foyer and Sculpture Hall of the Hugh Lane has hosted some of the most exclusive events in the country. It is ideal for an elegant drinks reception or a seated banquet. Such events are often combined with exclusive tours of exhibitions, these can be arranged by the Gallery.
    Capacity: Standing 250-300 / Seated max; 120
    Floor Level: Ground level
    Facilities: Toilets / cloakroom / cleaning / security / gallery attendants
    Caterers: Client's choice
    Access: Tuesday-Thursday 18.30-late / Friday-Saturday 17.30-late
    Clients are welcome to set up catering and reception earlier

• Advertisement
Advertisement