Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Cheap Eat in Dublin

Options
  • 13-09-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm organising a double date in Dublin this week, on a Wednesday. We're shouldering the cost and both unemployed so cost is the major stumbling block I am afraid. Anybody like to suggest a restaurant?

I have heard the Port House is good... how many dishes are people likely to buy from a Tapas menu?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

port house is ok, or maybe the market bar?
    depending on the person 3 small tapas or 1 large and 1 small might be standard enough. You are looking at €10-20 a person.

the port house has a quick menu that gets you 2 small dishes and a glass of wine for a €10 which might work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Green 19 - great value and the food is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

yeah, Green 19 could work, very simple but cheaper than most. Port House portions are small and cost adds up. It can also be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Thanks for the help guys. I've booked Green 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

maybe it's too late now but 3 years ago mrs carawaystick brought me to the Port House, we'd two glasses of Cava, enough food to fill us and I'd a glass of expensive port that was about 11 euros a glass( it was a significant birthday) and the bill was 45 euros

We also had wine with out food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i think gourmet burger is great,its reasonably priced,great tasting and have buy one get one free offer for september

Advertisement