Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Poker on Campus?

Options
  • 13-09-2010 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to play online poker here on campus and i'm wondering does anyone know of a way to get past the block they have on certain sites?

I'm on full tilt and, while i'm able to go onto fulltiltpoker.com, when I try to open the program it won't connect to the server.

If anyone knows of a way it'd really help..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

You won't be able to play that on wavelan. The only network that will let you play online poker is eduroam which is available in daedalus and computer science. Probably other places too but they are the only ones I know of. But I think in order to use eduroam you need to set up an account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Joneser wrote: »
    You won't be able to play that on wavelan. The only network that will let you play online poker is eduroam which is available in daedalus and computer science. Probably other places too but they are the only ones I know of. But I think in order to use eduroam you need to set up an account

Ok i've configured my computer to work on eduroam so i should be able to get it working in those buildings..

Is the wavelan network a complete no-no or are there some computer geniuses out there that know ways past it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Provided VPN's are allowedset one up with http://ivacy.com/ and you should have no problem.

techguy wrote: »
    Provided VPN's are allowedset one up with http://ivacy.com/ and you should have no problem.

You have to pay for that though?

Yea but's pretty cheap.. if your poker program doesn't use too much data then just biy 1gb for less than a euro. Should last a while.

• Advertisement

Don't have a credit card so that's outta the question.. looks good though. :(

If you really want you can just get a prepaid card and transfer all the funds to paypal! It's that easy..

Advertisement