Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill pay - When can I get an upgrade?

Options
  • 13-09-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi all,

Simple question really, I have just started on Meteor Bill pay 12 month contract. I got the HTC Wildfire. I am not really sure if I like the phone to be honest.

So, when can I get an upgraded phone? I dont mind having to restart the 12 month contract etc but I am just wondering when I can actually do this?
    I'm sure you can't do this too easily as the phone was subsidized by Meteor in the first place!!??

Any help appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

If there is a "fault" with the phone you can return it within 28 days. its your consumer rights. If you tell them its freezing or powering off they wont be able to prove its not!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

flipall wrote: »
    If there is a "fault" with the phone you can return it within 28 days. its your consumer rights. If you tell them its freezing or powering off they wont be able to prove its not!

Most stores will insist for a like for like exchange to cut out this kind of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I rang Meteor yesterday as my 12 month contract is up and as you cant see upgrade prices on the web. I was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S (really want HTC Desire with Three but cant get it).

Anyway the price I was quoted (if I took the Smart €35 option for another 12 months) was €159.99. Thats the same price I can get it online with them. No incentive at all to stay with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I have a Nokia E52, €45 a month tariff on an 18 month contract

The phone has just gone totally tits up and I wanted to get a new one to replace it. I rang customer care, who had no clue about the prices for a bill pay upgrade (who the hell else do I ask?) and told me that if I wanted to get a new phone I'd have to pay the Pay As You Go price for it, ie: 300-400 for a HTC Desire.

If I buy a new phone there's no actual benefit on being bill pay, I have the pay the same price as all the 17 year old kids going in and buying a phone.

I want to buy a new phone, I don't expect a full upgrade discount, but what the **** is the point in being on bill pay if I still have to pay 400 quid for a phone that's 150 on a new contract.

Though they have really good price plans, there is just no incentive to stay with Meteor, they have a really sh!t selection of phones, and they seem to be teen centric, nearly every phone is an twitter/facebook gimmick I will certainly be changing from Meteor when my contract is up.

Is there any facility to transfer your contract to a new carrier, along the lines of switching your bank account to another bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Dermighty wrote: »
    I have a Nokia E52, €45 a month tariff on an 18 month contract

The phone has just gone totally tits up and I wanted to get a new one to replace it. I rang customer care, who had no clue about the prices for a bill pay upgrade (who the hell else do I ask?) and told me that if I wanted to get a new phone I'd have to pay the Pay As You Go price for it, ie: 300-400 for a HTC Desire.

If I buy a new phone there's no actual benefit on being bill pay, I have the pay the same price as all the 17 year old kids going in and buying a phone.

I want to buy a new phone, I don't expect a full upgrade discount, but what the **** is the point in being on bill pay if I still have to pay 400 quid for a phone that's 150 on a new contract.

Though they have really good price plans, there is just no incentive to stay with Meteor, they have a really sh!t selection of phones, and they seem to be teen centric, nearly every phone is an twitter/facebook gimmick I will certainly be changing from Meteor when my contract is up.

Is there any facility to transfer your contract to a new carrier, along the lines of switching your bank account to another bank?
    #

you can cancel direct debit and port your number if its possible how many months has passed on current contract

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

you can get a new upgraded pushed at ten months once you have not missed a bill:D

Advertisement