Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool - 1:30pm Sunday 19th Sept

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Webb. Best ref in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Awful from Torres there. Trying to get Evans sent off.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

The standard of football is poor but this is some funny shít. Even Torres looks interested now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

mink_man wrote: »
    fukin stupid scouser cúnts.

So you decided to take the ban after all. Cheers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was it Maxi who was subbed?

I can't believe that Utd will blow it again. Owen coming on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

roryc wrote: »
    This is bullsh*t... f***King Webb has handed them the game

Take off the rose tinted glasses.... they were awarded a clear peno and he done UTD a favour by only showing JOS a yellow when he could have shown a red...

same as last week UTD are the ones costing themselves the game not the ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Rooney off, Owen on - needs to happen

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

roryc wrote: »
    Talk about being undeserved... Liverpool have been absolutely terrible, without Webb, this game was over long ago. F***king disgusting luck

Which of the absolutely clear cut fouls are you blaming him for?

°°°°°

Webb. Best ref in the league

If O shea gets the winner you wont be saying that.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Great game in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

probably a site ban aswell, was told to keep my infractions down last time..

Nope just shows how pathetic you are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I feel sick. Anyone else tempted to turn off the match and come back in 20 mins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Liverpools game to lose now.

Except they're not winning.

Darren Fletcher should be hung, drawn and quartered by Ferguson. Pure cowardly behaviour moving out of the way of the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

There's at least one more goal in it. Owen Please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Being a United fan should come with a health hazard printed on it :(

°°°°°

Come on United, put this to bed.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

It's been a long time since I've seen a score this un-reflective of the play. Liverpool don't even deserve to be on the pitch as United such is their contribution to this match.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I feel sick. Anyone else tempted to turn off the match and come back in 20 mins?

I switched off after the 2nd for Utd went in and it worked a treat.

N'Gog not N'Goal there....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The United fan in me wants a last minute Michael Owen winner, but the cúnt in me wants a last minute Gerrard penalty after he's dived to win it. Just for the lulz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jesus O Shea. Stop playing stupid fúcking short passes to a man on.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

This is horrible to watchin Im sweating buckets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Utd have a secret weapon to bring off the bench. the most prolific player on their books is sitting there.... bring on....
    Anderson?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I've only seen the second half and it's the first EPL I've watched this season, but the scoreline looks about fair to me. Liverpool were better than United until the second goal..

Cool penalty from Gerrard, shocking free-kick though :)

°°°°°

It's been a tale of two awful defences so far.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Liverpool really not playing well but somehow back in this game. Two crap goals for United to give away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

copacetic wrote: »
    Which of the absolutely clear cut fouls are you blaming him for?

Neither. Both were clear cut, but you could say the same for a few of United's penalty shouts, Webb has had a shocking game.

Had United converted a peno at 2-0 the game would be over. If you think Webb hasn't affected the game Im not the one wearing tinted glasses...

Fletcher was hardly afraid of the ball. He's not that type of player and it wasn't traveling that fast anyway. He had moved out of position and didn't want to risk it deflecting off him into the net i reckon. Still his fault though IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bizarre stuff altogether. Clearly Utd should be down to 10 men if he adjudges that O'Shea committed a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Utd have a secret weapon to bring off the bench. the most prolific player on their books is sitting there.... bring on....
    Anderson?

Shhh, Utd fans still think he was value for money. Well, he did get the ball off Fabregas once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

It's such a shame that Berbatov's two goals have been undone by some horrible defending by Evans and O'Shea.

Totally undeserved by Liverpool who have been abysmal today.

We should be pushing for a third. Yet the indecisiveness of two players who have really let the team down look like they have cost us today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You just know it's all going to be about the brilliant spirit of Liverpool and all that in the comments here and probably in the papers when it was 2 silly mistakes from United players that saved this game for Liverpool. God I wish Rio wasn't sick :rolleyes:

Jovanovic on for Ming, getting tired I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Bizarre stuff altogether. Clearly Utd should be down to 10 men if he adjudges that O'Shea committed a foul.

torres wasn't going to get the ball..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Liam O wrote: »
    You just know it's all going to be about the brilliant spirit of Liverpool and all that in the comments here and probably in the papers when it was 2 silly mistakes from United players that saved this game for Liverpool. God I wish Rio wasn't sick :rolleyes:

Tbh, I'd rather they talk about Liverpool rather than how shíte our defence and midfield is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I love how some of the United fans on here have turned on their team in the space of ten mins. Hilarious really. Some fans...

dfx- wrote: »
    I've only seen the second half and it's the first EPL I've watched this season, but the scoreline looks about fair to me. Liverpool were better than United until the second goal..

Cool penalty from Gerrard, shocking free-kick though :)

Explain that one to me again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What worries me as a united fan is that this is the third game in only 5 that united have been cruising and have capitulated . . I am not exactly shocked (just disgusted). .

Not beating pool I can take . . The manner in which United will prob drop points today is simply pathetic and not a sign that any sort of top silverwear is on the horizon. . This is not simply points dropped with 33 games to play, its a sign that United are simply not the dominant team they once were. When was the last time they let 2 goal lead slip twice in a season, let alone twice in the first 5 games ! !

°°°°°

SantryRed wrote: »
    I love how some of the United fans on here have turned on their team in the space of ten mins. Hilarious really. Some fans...

Did you see the bellyaching from the Pool fans at half time?

Glazers Out!

Owen not coming on its Macheda (sp?) Giggs off.

Agger on for Konchesky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Anyone know why Fletcher and Van der Sar were arguing before the penalty?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

well if Torres wasn't getting to the ball what I don't understand is how he's judged free kick and yellow card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Who?

°°°°°

Liverpool going into Rangers mode at the back now slightly.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This is the third time united have lost a lead in a game they were cruising. .

Show me fans that dont have a go at their team for blowing leads like this against their nearest rival . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's not Webb's fault. It's poor United defending. Hell, Smalling almost gave Rangers a penalty midweek. Vidic and Evra aside the defending has generally been bad this season.

Come on Kiko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mike65 wrote: »
    I switched off after the 2nd for Utd went in and it worked a treat.

N'Gog not N'Goal there....

True supporter right there

°°°°°

Macheda for Giggs?
    Giggs has been our best player so far.
    Did he pick up a knock?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

torres wasn't going to get the ball..

You see, that doesn't matter as far as the laws of the game are concerned.

Anyway, I think you would enjoy a back and forth argument on this an awful lot more than me. So you may have the last word...

• Advertisement

examples? Or are you just going to make these claims without examples and never return?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement