Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool - 1:30pm Sunday 19th Sept

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I could use a drink after that. Berbatov you ****ing diamond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Isn't the monkey a Chelsea fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

niallo27 wrote: »
    He won a pen and the free kick for the goal, and should have got o Shea sent off, he didn't do too bad

His "success" owed more to the abject perfromances of Evans and O Shea than his own guile.
    Who'd have thought a year ago that Berbatov would get a hat trick and Torres would be sh1t in this fixture?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

nullzero wrote: »
    It's an insult to be fair.

Of course, but it wasn't a misplaced one ;)

One would only be offended if they had reason to feel that they were the target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

roryc wrote: »
    nani should have been off for his diving... Carragher handballed it, Konchesky handballed, ref had a shocker

Would you like if webb gave a penalty for konchesky instead of the goal?

The ball hit Carras hand alright, but if it didnt it would have went back to Reina like intended, would have been a seriously harsh peno?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh well... disappointing stuff really. United deserved the win and I'm actually glad to see the Berb picking up some form (pity it was against us).

Too many negatives to talk about but I have to say I though Gerrard had a decent game even without the goals. I've always said I didn't like him playing center mid but defensively today I thought He did pretty well.

Ah well... thats about all the positives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Deserved win for United but SAF's comments afterwards are just pure arrogant. Suposedly Liverpool deserved nothing because VDS didn't have to make a save, but what save did Reina make? He's also just said that we needed the help from the linesman to get back in the game, however only a fool would argue the penalty and the freekick - But i guess i shouldn't be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Deserved win for United tbf. Although they do have some serious issues red nose will need to address.

Also it does fill me with a bit of pride that at the final whistle you could clearly hear the pool fans singing YNWA above the united fans.

yep - even tho im a chelsea fan , the Liverpool fans are clearly the most passionate, far more so then the prawn sandwich glory hunters at OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Gerrard should really stop kissing that camera at Old Trafford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

He won a pen and the free kick for the goal, and should have got o Shea sent off, he didn't do too bad

Imagine how good he could be in a title contending team:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Two very average teams with a sprinkling of top class players between them. Chelsea have nothing to fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Le King wrote: »
    Done. Accepted.

That bet was between me and Nick Drake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

the_monkey wrote: »
    yep - even tho im a chelsea fan , the Liverpool fans are clearly the most passionate, far more so then the prawn sandwich glory hunters at OT

You support Chelsea

°°°°°

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Of course, but it wasn't a misplaced one ;)

One would only be offended if they had reason to feel that they were the target.

I didn't think Boards was all that gone on insults even deserved ones.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Performance was pretty good.Thought Torres was kept pretty quiet which is a good thing.

1: Berbatov
    2: Vidic
    3: Nani

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Gerrard should really stop kissing that camera at Old Trafford

Ah leave him at it, at least he's only kissing it, the rest of the English players are at far worse.

°°°°°

What a load of crap.
    You'd swear United burned your house down the way you were going on today.

Glazers Out!

One good thing from this thread will be that charity will gain €50 from this, by either me or supper_furry. :)

Eh hang on, I made that bet with NickDrake, not you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

His "success" owed more to the abject perfromances of Evans and O Shea than his own guile.
    Who'd have thought a year ago that Berbatov would get a hat trick and Torres would be sh1t in this fixture?

Well who knows if he wasn't fouled he could have got 2 goals, the point is in the second half he worried utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

woy really needs to sort out that liverpool defence, every time a ball goes into the box these days its a goal or a fantastic save by reina to stop a goal, utd had only really 4 decent efforts all match, 3 goals and one hit the post, reina didn't have a save otherwise, same thing in city game 2 shots on goal 2 goals, birmingham same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

fullstop wrote: »
    Single most ridiculous comment on this thread. He awarded a penalty, correctly, then awarded a free kick, correctly. Gave O'Shea a yellow card, should have been red.

Cheers... with some of the sh*te posted in this thread thats some feat

Knee jerk post in fairness but the game should have been long over. Konchesky could have been off for blatant handball on the line, United could have had a penalty at 2-0 with Carraghers clear, if accidental handball.

If you had read on you would have seen I never said either decision for the goals were wrong, but the game should have been over.

Nani should have been off for diving, f**king sick of seeing this

Anyway, United get a deserved win and I remeber why I don't post in match threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

At least Torres didn't rape anyone today. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

United fan:
    Berbatov
    Nani
    Giggs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Just looking at the foul that led to liverpools second goal. And there wasnt a hope in god that torres would have got to the ball. Good call by the ref and a deserved yellow to o shea...

Edited to say that the ref realised that torres would never have got to the ball there for it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Utd deserved it today, no doubts. Liverpool were poor. At two all, i just had a feeling that Berbatov would get a hat-trick. The irony that it was O' Shea who crossed it in! :(

°°°°°

Well who knows if he wasn't fouled he could have got 2 goals, the point is in the second half he worried utd

If the horse hadn't stopped for a sh1t it would have won the race.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have to laugh at all these Chelsea fans with their 'nothing to fear' comments. You were stuffed 3-1 by United in the Community Shield a little over a month ago and have had a very easy opening set of fixtures. Let's see how you fare after the Blackpool game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

You having a laugh or what? Talk about delusional.
    Chelsea and Arsenal will both finish above Man United. I'll offer you a €50 charity bet on it.

That was your post. See here

I accepted the bet. Don't welch already. You made and offer and I accepted. Tough shít. The laws of offer and acceptance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Really poor performance from Liverpool. We looked a lot better when we went with two up front, finally started creating the odd chance. Meireles was very good, no idea why on earth hodgson felt the need to bring on jovanovic in place of him, we didnt do a single good thing after that substitution.

O' Shea could have maybe seen red, but no real complaints, we played badly and didn't deserve to win or draw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What a load of crap.
    You'd swear United burned your house down the way you were going on today.

Nothing like his ire for Barcelona :D

No complaints about the final score. Since Meireles went off and Agger for Konchesky (??) there was only one winner. Did Jovanovic touch the ball? Meireles really really impressed.

I'd argue Lloyd..as I said I only watched from half time, but before Berbatov's second, Liverpool were in control of the game, if not threatening. Certainly not poorer in every respect though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Disgracefull ........ O'Shea should not have been on the pitch to make that cross .... a joke ... Liverpool robbed ...

Typical jammy man united getting wins they don't deserve ...

unreal ..

Suppose if I was posting sh*te on the United side, someone had to go and do it from the other...

That was your post. See here

I accepted the bet. Don't welch already. You made and offer and I accepted. Tough shít. The laws of offer and acceptance.

Doh my mistake, fair enough. Looks like I made two bets then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Liverpool where fcuking sh!te.

Deserved win for Utd, Roy is doing a great job, long may liverpools slide into mid table obscurity continue.

your understanding of the english language isn't much better - were not where...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would you like if webb gave a penalty for konchesky instead of the goal?

The ball hit Carras hand alright, but if it didnt it would have went back to Reina like intended, would have been a seriously harsh peno?

Yea very harsh since Carragher was outside the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If the horse hadn't stopped for a sh1t it would have won the race.

That doesn't make any sense, utd had to take torres out of it twice to stop him

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

That doesn't make any sense, utd had to take torres out of it twice to stop him

It does make sense.
    Torres was going no where when Evans in his usual brainless style gave away a soft peno and going by his performance I didn't fancy him to score even if O SHea hadn't fouled him.
    It's all if and buts though.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

After the run good we have had in the last couple of games we can't complain too much about the bad card decision. I would still love to know the reasoning behind it as I don't see how Webb cards the player without giving a red.

Anyway as others have said we didn't deserve anything from the game and it would have been papering over the cracks. It has to be said I don't feel near the disappointment I would have in previous seasons. We have far too many average players in the team and very few of our better players performing to near the ability we need from them. This isn't anything new and wasn't going to miraculously change for today's game.

Depressing times :o

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Some of the posts here are hilarious . .

United could of had 3 penalties (2 pushes in the box and carragher handball). All three were debatable to be fair, but I have seen all three given in games.

Now, Liverpool fans clutching at the Red card debate, as if Webb was giving calls to United for the entire game . . If Webb had of done things by the letter of the law for the entire game, United would of been much better off . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

NickDrake wrote: »
    Where are yer titles??
    Liverpool have to rely on a peno for goal. Ye are pathetic. No creativity. Boring terrible football.

Thats how you create a goal. See how its done Liverpool fans. See actually in play.

Might be hard for ye to understand such football

Where are ye in the table now scousers?? Some start to the season

Puberty is a tough time for anyone, but it's still no excuse for posts like that.

And if you are gonna act like this, can you not change your username to Lady Gaga or something??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It does make sense.
    Torres was going no where when Evans in his usual brainless style gave away a soft peno and going by his performance I didn't fancy him to score even if O SHea hadn't fouled him.

It's fine creating goals and being creative geniuses, and I don't know if that has been forwarded to United's defence, but a critical aspect of keeping a clean sheet is to not kick other players or impede their progress giving free shots at goal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

It does make sense.

It does not make sense! Had he said if that loose horse had not ploughed in to my horse it would have won the race, that would make sense. Torres did not choose to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Drumpot wrote: »

United could of had 3 penalties (2 pushes in the box and carragher handball). All three were debatable to be fair, but I have seen all three given in games.

Now, Liverpool fans clutching at the Red card debate, as if Webb was giving calls to United for the entire game . . If Webb had of done things by the letter of the law for the entire game, United would of been much better off . .

He was outside the box so I can't see how that was a pen

°°°°°

dfx- wrote: »
    It's fine creating goals and being creative geniuses, and I don't know if that has been forwarded to United's defence, but a critical aspect of keeping a clean sheet is to not kick other players or impede their progress giving free shots at goal..

Our defence was horrible today.
    Evans should be shown the door and O'Shea shouldn't be left to look after the house on his own, he'll always start a fire.
    We gave Pool a life line and they didn't deserve it and we had only oursleves to blame.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

darsar wrote: »
    It does not make sense! Had he said if that loose horse had not ploughed in to my horse it would have won the race, that would make sense. Torres did not choose to stop.

It's an old phrase, not a description of the game, bloody hell.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Great ****ing win. Shocking shocking defending again, Evans silly mistake and Fletcher silly mistake made the game look very different, considering we utterly utterly dominated Liverpool.

Berbatov scores a cracking hattrick, MOM by a country mile. Won us the game today. Rooney was poor. Evans was poor. Evra was poor. Giggs was average. Scholes was average. Fletcher had one of the worst games I've seen him have in a United shirt. But we still utterly dominated the game, so I'm very happy with the result.

Also great to see Anderson back on the pitch, really great to see. Macheda did well when he came on.

Ref pissed me off today with the sheer amount of shirt pulling that he allowed going on. Is it any surprise that Nani dives in the box considering he was giving nothing for the rest of the fouling. Otherwise he seemed to get the big decisions right, although imo favoured Liverpool but thats to be expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Drumpot wrote: »

meh if utd were to get those pushes then what about o'sheas push in the back on torres in the box in the first half, yes they have been given but all would have been harsh and carragher was clearly outside the box but that hasn't stopped teams getting penos in the past :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Let the celebrations begin!

Ah liverpool..... mid table club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

It's an old phrase, not a description of the game, bloody hell.

Then use it at an appropriate time, bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Let the celebrations begin!

Ah liverpool..... mid table club?

Don't take the piss.

16th place isn't mid table

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

He was outside the box so I can't see how that was a pen

Some reading to help the pain . .

n285146.jpg

• Advertisement