Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool - 1:30pm Sunday 19th Sept

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Personally speaking as a Liverpool fan, I'm disappointed as I think we deserved a draw.

Objectively speaking, I'm delighted for Berbatov, I always knew he would prove the moronic Man U fanbase wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Personally speaking as a Liverpool fan, I'm disappointed as I think we deserved a draw.

Objectively speaking, I'm delighted for Berbatov, I always knew he would prove the moronic Man U fanbase wrong.

Is there really any bloody need for that? Honestly, how do you expect that sentence to be taken in this thread? People need to think for maybe even 3 seconds before posting.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Is there really any bloody need for that? Honestly, how do you expect that sentence to be taken in this thread? People need to think for maybe even 3 seconds before posting.

I never said moronic fanbase in a complete sense did I? I was only referring to the Man U fanbase that abused Berba consistently for the past 3 years. Calm down there chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well statistics have proved that 93% of all utd fans know **** all about football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Classy post. :rolleyes:

Ignoring the non sensical parts, I'd say you are in a minority of close to one if you think Liveerpool deserved anything from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I never said moronic fanbase in a complete sense did I? I was only referring to the Man U fanbase that abused Berba consistently for the past 3 years. Calm down there chief.

Look at the Man Utd Superthread and see Archi digging out some posts of Berba-haters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I see what you mean. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well statistics have proved that 93% of all utd fans know **** all about football

Was wondering where Conno went.............welcome back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Yeah as a Liverpool fan it was great to see Berbatov prove them wrong and bang in a hattrick to win the game today ....... wtf ?

Apologies for wording my post wrong, it wasn't a dig at all Man U fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,846 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Berba proved the haters wrong and about time well done United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

What age are you?? Seriously like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Liverpool deserved nothing out of the game. They were muck and only 2 individual mistakes took the gloss off the result:(.

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Yeah as a Liverpool fan it was great to see Berbatov prove them wrong and bang in a hattrick to win the game today ....... wtf ?

Personally, as a Liverpool fan, obviously I'm not happy. But I'm glad Berba silenced the doubters, I just wish it wasn't against us. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As a diehard pool fan Manc were the better side imo.
    We never looked like scoring from play at all.
    Johnson as ive been saying for months is a waste of space,good going forward but a pathetic defender,seriously id be better myself, atleast i wouldnt be caught ball watching game after game after game.
    Hats of to Berbatov,hes taken some stick from everyone but his hatrick was excellent despite poor defending on our part.
    Sick to lose to manc as always especiallly as we got it back to 2-2 but i cant complain too much, we are simply nowhere near good enough imo.
    Having said that if O Shea had of gone as he should of done it could have been a different scoreline at the end, ifs and buts dont count too much at the end of the day however.
    I cant offer my opinion on todays game without mentioning Nani and his antics, he was a disgrace.
    The best team won today, Chelsea have absolutely nothing to fear, this year its theirs to lose.

What age are you?? Seriously like.

Don't worry your in the other 7%, it's not far off being true, how many know how financially ****ed they are, how many ignore the fact that ferguson could destroy the glaziers if he wanted, but he is too interested in his legacy instead of the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Don't worry your in the other 7%, it's not far off being true, how many know how financially ****ed they are, how many ignore the fact that ferguson could destroy the glaziers if he wanted, but he is too interested in his legacy instead of the club

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

You've been reading it again , havent you ! ! . .

Huff_cover.jpg

After Benitez used it for his "fachts" I would of thought all Pool fans would of known it was all B.S.!

Its just a bit of fun niallo, your not supposed to take it seriously . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Mental game really.

Getting annoyed at the amount of times United are pissing away leads at the minute, doesn't bode well.

Liverpool deserve credit for keeping going though and when Gerrard stepped up there was an air of inevitability about the goal - and we were lucky not to be down to 10 men, even though I think VDS would've reached the ball first. But they look a side lacking in confidence and cohesion thus far and it's going to take time for the trio of Gerrard/Poulsen/Mereilles to sort themselves.

From a United point of view, some good performances and one great one. Berbatov you gem. This is one of those performances that will go down in history. People have been on here saying "oh I'm glad he showed how good he was, I always believed in him" or "see how the United fans turn around now and support him". As a supporter, you support the team through thick and thin and at times you get frustrated at players (Calling someone shít etc isn't frustration) and it's understandable. But anyone shouting the odds saying "all United fans thought he was ****e before this game" needs to get their facts right.

Overall, our defence still looks dodge and Rio needs to sort himself out big time. Evans is like a lad who has started to believe his own press. Needs to bulk up big time and keep improving the way he was. He's only young yet so he'll get there. Nani was a constant threat and although his theatrics are annoying at times, he looked most likely to produce something.

Delighted with result, but more to learn and to do and judging by Fergie's post-match interview - he thinks the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

man, take 10. Get a cup of tea or skin up. Whatever you do. At the end of the day its 22 lads kicking a ball around a pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Fletcher must been working on his passing was pinging the ball all over the pitch today.He's not just a "midfield destroyer".Good game Utd never do things the easy way though Fergy was right when he said "it was an travesty of a scoreline,but great result at the end of the day".

You really are making yourself look foolish. I'm sure you were disappointed, as would I be if it was the other way around, but your lack of any sort of humility is making it hard to take your post seriously.

adox wrote: »
    You really are making yourself look foolish. I'm sure you were disappointed, as would I be if it was the other way around, but your lack of any sort of humility is making it hard to take your post seriously.

Ah don't take me too seriously, it's only an Internet board, I have no problem with the result, it's ferguson that's annoys me, he has no class about him, great manager great sucess no class though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

slightly drifting away form the concept of match threads :p

Utd Motm

1) Berba
    2) Vidic
    3) Giggs

Utd fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Dcully wrote: »
    As a diehard pool fan Manc were the better side imo.
    We never looked like scoring from play at all.
    Johnson as ive been saying for months is a waste of space,good going forward but a pathetic defender,seriously id be better myself, atleast i wouldnt be caught ball watching game after game after game.
    Hats of to Berbatov,hes taken some stick from everyone but his hatrick was excellent despite poor defending on our part.
    Sick to lose to manc as always especiallly as we got it back to 2-2 but i cant complain too much, we are simply nowhere near good enough imo.
    Having said that if O Shea had of gone as he should of done it could have been a different scoreline at the end, ifs and buts dont count too much at the end of the day however.
    I cant offer my opinion on todays game without mentioning Nani and his antics, he was a disgrace.
    The best team won today, Chelsea have absolutely nothing to fear, this year its theirs to lose.

They have played nothing so far... Five easy games to start there season.. man city next week will be a big test for chelsea,, if utd get rio, carrick, anderson back fully fit they will take some beating.. considering that berbatov is now starting to find his feet.. berbatov and an inform rooney could be a top class combination...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

As a united fan I was delighted with the win. Annoyed by more mistakes in defence but glad they came early enough to do something about them.

I think Liverpool are going to have problems at times this year because of the Thursday night games, the two extra days united had to prepare gave a good advantage going into the game. I also think it could take Liverpool another month or two to figure out how they will play, new manager, some new players and Torres still trying to get back to form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

DM-ICE wrote: »
    As a united fan I was delighted with the win. Annoyed by more mistakes in defence but glad they came early enough to do something about them.

I think Liverpool are going to have problems at times this year because of the Thursday night games, the two extra days united had to prepare gave a good advantage going into the game. I also think it could take Liverpool another month or two to figure out how they will play, new manager, some new players and Torres still trying to get back to form.

just seeing if this thread is still open....!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm totally stuffed eating this humble pie Berbatov has served me up today. I'm ready for more now, so bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

just seeing if this thread is still open....!

:pac:

Be patient. There could be a lot of people still out in the pub. This thread could ignite later on with some drunken rants!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

hi folks,

must say i thought it was poor from both sides today, Nani was great, but could've been sent off.

torres was muck.

mereiles was pretty good.

o'shea,nani and evra could've been sent off on another day.

i thought due to the poor refereeing liverpool deserved a draw.

on merit, liverpool deserved a bigger beating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

monkey9 wrote: »
    Be patient. There could be a lot of people still out in the pub. This thread could ignite later on with some drunken rants!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I don't remember any serious fouls from Nani or Evra :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I don't remember any serious fouls from Nani or Evra :confused:

I'd say he meant Nani for the diving. Don't have a clue about Evra, tbh.:confused:

Ya'd have to laugh at a lot of people on this thread calling Ronaldo a diver, tbh. A whinger, yes but I don't remember him outright diving like Gerrard, Torred or even Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Nani could have had about 8 yellows for diving etc. :p
    Baffled about Evra though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The highs and lows :D

104266331.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E65390D24E5BD9AAC4D2954CC8F0690E819EDEFA7B2BF83FD4

Even in defeat Johnson sorts his hair out.

104265826.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E608E268433880D3ABD2954CC8F0690E81359AFFB0C82D19F6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Well from what I can remember Nani dived once in the box near Carra that could have been a booking. Two other times he got an arm smash to the face and another where he was tumbled over and given a free. He plays up fouls but I don't remember any other genuine dives and I don't think you can be booked for dramatising fouls though that's open to correction.
    Pretty sure Torres threw himself to the ground after the peno incident when up against Evans again that could have equally been a booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well statistics have proved that 100% of you know **** all about football.

LOL @ niallo27. Now I remember why I rarely post here. Lemon.

Great result but shocking that Liverpool were in the game after we scored tbh. We really need to sort our sh*t out at the back. O'Shea didnt need to make that tackle at all and the wall was appalling as was VDS.

Berba was stunning today, as was Scholes but I do worry about our ability to put teams away and control the game with a 2 man midfield. Our new 442 system gets magic out of Berba and Scholes but it also leads to us being involved in wide open games and at times not having a lot of proitection for the defence. If Carrick and Anderson can sort their sh*t out then maybe we can interchange 442 and 451 as needed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

+1 neil

I think we got away with it today mainly because liverpool have no pace and no wingers so the game was nice and compact in the middle. Scholes' defensive side was top notch today. He did put one pass astray though...

i think the mink man is no longer with us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

lordgoat wrote: »
    +1 neil

I think we got away with it today mainly because liverpool have no pace and no wingers so the game was nice and compact in the middle. Scholes' defensive side was top notch today. He did put one pass astray though...

i think the mink man is no longer with us...

Real shame because they have one of my favourite wingers in Maxi and I don't know what's happened to him since he moved there, I suppose at Atletico he was a bit prone to going anonymous but was always capable of a moment of brilliance to make you forget it.

Liverpool need a formation change and a few big decisions from Woy to get them out of their funk, because IMO they have the players to be in the top 4 and have bought very well in the Summer, they're just being used wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I think you should be more worried about your own team, at the moment your miles behind Chelsea

Eh you should be more worried about L'pool, light years behind chelski. I'm guessing by your your username Niallo your're 27, you come across as very mature reading some of your childish post and comments or maybe your just bitter.

Wow this is the reason i hate posting in match threads involving Manutd v L'pool or any game Manutd are involved in. It doesn't matter the age of some posters their maturity comes out during these theads no matter what the result is for Manutd. This thread reminds me of my youthful days in school and with my mates with some of the comments on this thread, its embarrassing to be honest to think that some posters are in their late 20's, 30's and 40s >>> ( adox )

Or early 40s :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just in the door from an unreal day's sport.

Berba has arrived, f*cking hell.:eek:

Such a sweet win all in all.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Just in the door from an unreal day's sport.

Berba has arrived, f*cking hell.:eek:

Such a sweet win all in all.

I thought it was a sh!t day myself. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

adox wrote: »
    Or early 40s :D

I fixed that for you.

Sorry Adox ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Reading through the past 20 pages confirms the auld United/Liverpool thread as the forum's biannual one stop shop for all your d*ckhead screening needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The votes for the Man United Man of the Match can be entered via the following link.

remember, please be sensible and not trollish with your votes.

Vote is open to all, just please specify whether you are a United supporter or not (one of the questions on the form)

If there are any issues with the form, please let me know - first time I have done one of these so there could be problems...

Thanks all.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

• Advertisement

Torturing myself watching MOTD2. It p!sses me off so much that Webb didn't send O' Shea off!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement