Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool - 1:30pm Sunday 19th Sept

1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

No-one, he was just making sure he was out of the way of the ball.

128780979509836103.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Le King wrote: »
    It's no surprise from you tbf.

Not sure how I'm meant to interpret that? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pretty cool video of the atmosphere yesterday. North strand looked quiet were your man was sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Is anyone here worried about flecthers form, he doesnt seem as assured as last season and gave away some stupid balls yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the last few posts deleted.

i'm giving you all one chance to end this conversation here, or the thread will be locked and immediate bans handed out.

this line of conversation can only end badly, and you all know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

(thought boards was losing posts again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

SlickRic wrote: »
    the last few posts deleted.

i'm giving you all one chance to end this conversation here, or the thread will be locked and immediate bans handed out.

this line of conversation can only end badly, and you all know it.

Right saw this after I posted, still want to leave my post up though

niallo27 wrote: »
    Right saw this after I posted, still want to leave my post up though

your wish has been denied.

Yours Faithfully,

Your resident Mod-Genie.

PM me what you said, I'd like to hear your justification for my topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

kryogen wrote: »
    I think its more of a general dislike of the club tbh.

I'm not sure about that....he said in his press conference the other day he had lots of respect for Liverpool, I also remember him strongly defending Liverpool a few years ago when Mourinho slagged them off. Sure Fergie and Roy Hodgson walked out practically holding hands together yesterday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fergie does not like Liverpool, he has respect for them of course, you have to respect great achievements, Fergie is also tactical tbf, Mourinho was his main rival then so he was always gonna oppose him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

no way im going to read through over a 1000 posts to see the feeling here, but that ending was epic yesterday. united deserved to win, simple really.

will post more thougts on the united thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

don't forget, the votes for the Man United Man of the Match can be entered via the following link.

remember, please be sensible and not trollish with your votes.

Vote is open to all, just please specify whether you are a United supporter or not (one of the questions on the form)

Generally had a very good response to it this week, but only 5 non-united poster votes.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This.

Mitch is being kind enough to do this in his own time for everyone of the forum. Anyone acting the tit through it and wasting his time will be dealt with harshly here.

don't forget, the votes for the Man United Man of the Match can be entered via the following link.

Vote is open to all, just please specify whether you are a United supporter or not (one of the questions on the form)

Generally had a very good response to it this week, but only 5 non-united poster votes.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

i voted

berba
    nani
    scholes

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    , but the cúnt in me wants a last minute Gerrard penalty after he's dived to win it. Just for the lulz.

:eek::eek::confused::confused: this is the most baffling post ive ever seen on here, and from you, im just baffled even more.

just having a quick read through and this popped up. you sadden me dear boy, you should hang your head in shame and say 10 hail marys. something like that, after us leading 2-0, would have consequences for years to come.

we need to have words on this one.....

i just voted there, i wasn't actually aware non-Utd fans could vote.

1. Berba
    2. Vidic
    3. Nani (as dislikeable as he is, ignoring all the feigning injury and diving, he gave Konchesky plenty of headaches).

So far, 73 votes in, 71 votes for MotM going to Berbatov. the other two don't have Berbatov listed at all (two other votes were deleted as they contained votes for Bebe and Hargreaves!). 9 of the votes are non-United members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So far, 73 votes in, 71 votes for MotM going to Berbatov. the other two don't have Berbatov listed at all (two other votes were deleted as they contained votes for Bebe and Hargreaves!). 9 of the votes are non-United members.

personally speaking, if someone doesnt have Berba in the top 3 in that game then they are obviously not qualified to vote

Voting is a privelage not a right!

kryogen wrote: »
    personally speaking, if someone doesnt have Berba in the top 3 in that game then they are obviously not qualified to vote

Voting is a privelage not a right!

One of the votes is from a user that I can not find on boards, and their MotM vote went to VDS (while the other two are fairly in line with what others have voted, so it may just be a mistake).

The other vote, from a member who doesn't post in Soccer anymore (not sure the reasons, but last post was in an RIP thread for eirebhoy and can't find any in a decent time frame before that. Votes were for Scholes, O'Shea, VDS in that order.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Pretty cool video of the atmosphere yesterday. North strand looked quiet were your man was sitting.

i could listen to that video all day....makes the hairs stand.

it was hopping in the strettie yesterday, comes accross like that too on the video. east stand also sounded good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

imo you shouldnt discount votes that you dont agree with yourself you are asking peoples opinions on a match yeh some peoples opinions might be a bit retarded but its their opinion.

i am obviously not talking about twats that votes for bebe and hargreaves etc.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    imo you shouldnt discount votes that you dont agree with yourself you are asking peoples opinions on a match yeh some peoples opinions might be a bit retarded but its their opinion.

i am obviously not talking about twats that votes for bebe and hargreaves etc.

thats why the other two votes have been left in - I do think it is shocking to have not voted for Berbatov at all (never mind ignoring him for 1st choice!) but i'll leave the votes there.

When I close the vote off, probably tomorrow morning, I may post up the full list of votes and voters; did the same for the rangers game; will just have to wotrk out how to post a 4/5 column table, got advise in a post in OffTopic but i still can't get that to work. (may just post a link to an online spreadsheet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Take a screenshot and post that up?

I think the mash should round off this thread, that or the MoM results. Anyway another gem.
    BERBATOV TO SPEND REST OF SEASON DRINKING ABSINTHE :20-09-10

DIMITAR Berbatov will spend the next eight months sipping absinthe from a jade goblet after completing his 90 minutes of effort for the season.

Better than being screamed at by a furious Glaswegian

The Bulgarian striker paused from writing his latest tome of symbolist poetry to score a hat-trick against Liverpool, which he later dedicated to the 12 catamites currently residing in his Moroccan summer home.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "The lad's done well, especially when you consider he'd been awake for the last three days arguing about the films of Jean Cocteau with a gang of Turkish sailors.

"While he has cut down on the Gauloises, he did nearly poke Nani's eye out with his alabaster cigarette holder in training the other week going for a header."

Many fans criticised the decision to sign the Bulgarian at the age of 27, especially after he published his 2008 art manifesto in Berlin that insisted true greatness could only be achieved by dying of consumption at the age of 30 while clutching a battered copy of Crime and Punishment in your nicotine-stained fingers.

But the striker made history yesterday, becoming the first Nobel literature laureate to score a hat-trick against Liverpool since Herman Hesse turned out for Preston North End in 1946.

Berbatov said: "The dichotomy for the modern player lies in the tension between the needs of the team and the ambition of the individual. Do I strike the ball or does the ball strike what I perceive to be me?"

He added: "So when O Shea's knocked it over, I've just outjumped big Jamie Carra at the far stick and gave it the beans into the back of the net.

"'Foot' ball is, is it not, a beautiful, terrible, mesmersing unicorn. To quote Peter Beardsley."

forgot to mention. just when i though i couldnt possibly hate reina anymore, the **** ran about 40 yards out from his goal roaring, shouting and jumping up and down like a madman looking for o shea to be sent off.

what a horrible horrible man he is, probably didnt show it on tv, but it was the wolves game at anfield all over again for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

forgot to mention. just when i though i couldnt possibly hate reina anymore, the **** ran about 40 yards out from his goal roaring, shouting and jumping up and down like a madman looking for o shea to be sent off.

what a horrible horrible man he is, probably didnt show it on tv, but it was the wolves game at anfield all over again for him.

nah hes lovely. try comparing rooney to reina in the terms you're thinking of and you sound like a giant hypocrite. anyway, sure you're only saying that cos reina is a well liked liverpool player and probably the most popular at the club this season so by slandering him like that you are just fishing for a reaction

every little victory :)

oh, and also, I love football365 :)

bab48.jpg

Jazzy wrote: »
    nah hes lovely. try comparing rooney to reina in the terms you're thinking of and you sound like a giant hypocrite. anyway, sure you're only saying that cos reina is a well liked liverpool player and probably the most popular at the club this season so by slandering him like that you are just fishing for a reaction

every little victory :)

what are you talking about rooney, what has rooney got to do with reina, getting players sent off or being a horrible person?

if you can defend players like reina who have a track record now in trying to get players sent off, then that is a sad indication of both you and the club you support. and i am not looking for anything, i am stating what happened, simple facts as ye lot seem to love so well.

what are you talking about rooney, what has rooney got to do with reina, getting players sent off or being a horrible person?

predictable reaction++
    there has been numerous times that Rooney has been calling for players to get carded and get sent off and run half the pitch to make his point.
    the point im making in saying this to you is that it is part of the game. players from all clubs in all leagues do this and if you dont like one guy for doing it, surely you have to not like them all.
    if you can defend players like reina who have a track record now in trying to get players sent off, then that is a sad indication of both you and the club you support. and i am not looking for anything, i am stating what happened, simple facts as ye lot seem to love so well.

where did i say i was defending his actions? hes still a lovely guy though :) i know you either really really want that to be untrue or you really really want to troll (little victories). I dunno, your lack of depth and lack of reasoning makes me think that your just having a monday afternoon post game troll, either that or you purposely dont get things quick.. which would just be kinda weird.
    by the way you are using your language ("simple facts", "sad indication of both you and the club you support") it really does look like trolling, which is a good thing really as it means at least you arent thick :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

predictable reaction++
    there has been numerous times that Rooney has been calling for players to get carded and get sent off and run half the pitch to make his point.
    the point im making in saying this to you is that it is part of the game. players from all clubs in all leagues do this and if you dont like one guy for doing it, surely you have to not like them all.

where did i say i was defending his actions? hes still a lovely guy though :) i know you either really really want that to be untrue or you really really want to troll (little victories). I dunno, your lack of depth and lack of reasoning makes me think that your just having a monday afternoon post game troll, either that or you purposely dont get things quick.. which would just be kinda weird.
    by the way you are using your language ("simple facts", "sad indication of both you and the club you support") it really does look like trolling, which is a good thing really as it means at least you arent thick :)

when you post. The song trolololol pops into my head.

predictable reaction++

I dunno, your lack of depth and lack of reasoning makes me think that your just having a monday afternoon post game troll, either that or you purposely dont get things quick.. which would just be kinda weird.

is it that hard to f*cking understand that i simply hate the man and i think his actions are disgraceful?

your posts are strange to say the least, youve got some chip on your shoulder or either your trying to be funny and witty with your cheap little digs about depth, me not getting things quick or having another cheap shot about being thick. have you the day off school today or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Now that all you lads have the fishing rods out in force we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement