Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool - 1:30pm Sunday 19th Sept

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Only thing I am not looking forward to is the 8:30am kick off for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Frisbee wrote: »
    Maybe, but hopefully it will stop people getting into petty name calling and responding to trolls. All you have to do is report posts you don't like as opposed to responding to them. Simple.

Having been called a troll many times here, i look forward to trying to get around this rule somewhat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

SlickRic wrote: »

this thread has actually gone fine, and has been pretty tame, and by and large respectful.

Pfft... Hope ur happy Pool and United fans................ Pussy's :pac:

Just heard who the ref is for tomorrow :mad:

http://bigfourza.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/howard_webb.jpg

I wish this game was today though, can't go on a session tomorrow :(

Think Webb is the best in England tbh.

And he likes Fergietime. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Anthony16 wrote: »
    ferdinand had a serious back injury that day and was nowhere near match fitness.
    If he is so strong then why was he muscled onto the ground here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5IMpnQCGJ0

All torres did was lean on someone who realistically should have been using a walking stick that day.
    Rio has 4 league titles,and a european cup to his name.Torres has nothing:p
    For his country fair enough,even though he couldnt get his ass off the bench in the world cup but shur we wont mention that.Hasnt won a thing for the mid table club that is liverpool yet.
    Rio was badly injured that day.Shur rooney plyed against bayern and limped through most of the game.Wenger played gallas against barca last season and he had to be replaced early on as he clearly wasnt fit.
    I think the only manager that should be ashamed is benitez for failing to win a league title

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/21/rio-ferdinand-hid-injury

That shows how bad off ferdinand was.Nice to prove people wrong
    He always put champions league as a priority despite the pool fans being so anxious at losing their 18 title record,which in the end they did.2-0 down against reading a few seasons back and he threw in the towel to rest players for the CL
    no need for me to concentrate hard seeing as i got 580 points in my leaving first time round.Add to that the fact im a college student. Another ignorant statement is proved wrong
    I think we all know how liverpool will play.They will be well organised and functional and try to put scholes under pressure as much as possible.Mascherano will be a big loss to them though for this type of game.he was immense at anfiled last year(well in a defensive manner).Fletch wasnt available that day though,so i can see united winning 2-1

lol, wow:

010haters.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

1.30pm kick off, sweet. Always hate going to Old Trafford, the game always drags by, by far one of the longest 90 minutes you'll come across as an away fan. I'll take a point tomorrow.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Just heard who the ref is for tomorrow :mad:

http://bigfourza.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/howard_webb.jpg

I wish this game was today though, can't go on a session tomorrow :(

Same :(

Only in a new job a month and I know if I go out for this game I will wake up on a pavement somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So whens the Liverpool team due to be announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Howard bloody Webb. That's a disaster for Liverpool. But I'm not in the business of blaming refs. United should win tomorrow, but there's always hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

doc_17 wrote: »
    Howard bloody Webb. That's a disaster for Liverpool. But I'm not in the business of blaming refs.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

My guess at the team and subs

Reina
    --Johnson--Carra--Skrtel--Konchesky--
    Gerrard
    Poulsen
    --Maxi
    Cole
    Jovanovic--
    Torres

Subs : Jones, Agger, Kelly, Miereles, Lucas, Babel, N'gog

Possibly one of Lucas or Babel might lose out to Pacheco but would be slightly surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I hope for:

Reina
    Johnson-Carra-Agger-Konchesky
    Meireles-Lucas
    Maxi
    Gerrard
    Cole
    Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Fingers crossed.

150445.jpg

Come on Roy, show em what you're made of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Fingers crossed.

150445.jpg

Come on Roy, show em what you're made of

That game means nothing Al. If you have to resort to wearing a strip a colour you know fine rightly that Manchester United cannot see, you know you're the opposite of a class act. Despicable behaviour taking advantage of a disability to gain one up over the rival. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

United will win this easily tomorrow, 3-0 I expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the over/under on the number of bannings on this thead?

Been all flowers and bunnies thus far.All we need is a controversial decision Uniteds way and boom this thread will be fun... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

United will win this easily tomorrow, 3-0 I expect
    hope it something like that but i cant see it . expect it to be a tight game . it will be interesting to see who liverpool play in midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

d22ontour wrote: »
    Been all flowers and bunnies thus far.All we need is a controversial decision Uniteds way and boom this thread will be fun... ;)

Dont worry, the fun doesn't start until someone breaks out the "Steven Gerrard The Hypocrite" video!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Archimedes wrote: »
    Dont worry, the fun doesn't start until someone breaks out the "Steven Gerrard The Hypocrite" video!

Did somebody say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ughh locked and up in 4 hours to head to this. Stupid early flights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

d22ontour wrote: »

No controversy needed, tbh. All we need is kick off. There's bound to be a throw in/corner kick that will prove to be a catalyst for this thread to go boom. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hopefully this is all done and dusted after 70 mins so I can flick over the some real action at 3pm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hopefully this is all done and dusted after 70 mins so I can flick over the some real action at 3pm ;)

Clueless on E4? Yeah been looking forward to it all week. Great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Team for today:

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Carragher
    Konchesky

Poulsen
    Meireles

Gerrard
    Maxi
    Cole

Torres

Not bad at all.

As good as we could of hoped for excluding Maxi really, glad to see Roy's not afraid to throw Meireles in there.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    As good as we could of hoped for excluding Maxi really, glad to see Roy's not afraid to throw Meireles in there.

I'm no Maxi fan either. *

* he'll probably score today because I don't rate him.

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Team for today:

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Carragher
    Konchesky

Poulsen
    Meireles

Gerrard
    Maxi
    Cole

Torres

Not bad at all.

I think thats the best team we could have put out. Maxi included. A lot of creativity in there.

• Advertisement

I'll take it all back if he does. :pac:

I'll take it all back if he does. :pac:

Maxi has a 1 in 4 record as a footballer. It shouldn't be a surprise. He should be getting goals.

Maxi has a 1 in 4 record as a footballer. It shouldn't be a surprise. He should be getting goals.

I'm judging him in the now stumpy, judging him in the now. Christ knows he's had enough opportunites to put it in the back of the net already.

I'm judging him in the now stumpy, judging him in the now. Christ knows he's had enough opportunites to put it in the back of the net already.

He's only had 18 appearances for Liverpool. If he gets a run of 4 or 5 games in the team...:D

Now there's a whisper that Roy hasn't decided on whether he's playing Meireles or Lucas today.

If we're treated to Pucas again this weekend we can forget about winning today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Now there's a whisper that Roy hasn't decided on whether he's playing Meireles or Lucas today.

I'd rather see Lucas in than Poulson myself.

• Advertisement

I'd rather Gerreiles in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Team for today:

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Carragher
    Konchesky

Poulsen
    Meireles

Gerrard
    Maxi
    Cole

Torres

Not bad at all.

Bar Kuyt being injured thats nearly our best 11 (the Kuyt who whips in crosses for Holland, not the one togging out in red most weeks). I'd have Agger over either of the 2 CBs though. Very positive statement from Roy today if that is the team.

Jesus tap dancing christ. :(

I cancelled sky sports last month and wasn't sure if it came into effect today or tomorrow. Turn on this morning and it's gone. :(

Options are:

A) Go to the pub for the game

B) Go to the folks to watch it, 40 minutes drive each way.

C) Find a half decent stream and watch it that way.

C is the front runner at the moment, with A the outsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Ferguson has said berbatov will start today,so that means either rooney is dropped or he is going 4-4-2..Would not like playing 4-4-2 aginst the scousers after what happened at anfield last year.We need legs in there to help scholes this time.

• Advertisement

Ferguson has said berbatov will start today,so that means either rooney is dropped or he is going 4-4-2..Would not like playing 4-4-2 aginst the scousers after what happened at anfield last year.We need legs in there to help scholes this time.

Rooney can play on the right or left of a 4-3-3.

There's no way he's not starting today

Of course there's also 4 4 1 1.

I'd be gobsmacked if both Rooney and Berbatov didn't start today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

just for people who may be interested; I won't be around for the game today (you won't care about that part!) so i will sort the Man of the Match scoring out either tonight or tomorrow morning - it is under control!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Team for today:

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Carragher
    Konchesky

Poulsen
    Meireles

Gerrard
    Maxi
    Cole

Torres

Not bad at all.

that is exactly the team i wanted; with maybe Maxi as the only one i may have changed.

Lucas, our new impact sub.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No Agger? Cole on the left then?

mike65 wrote: »
    No Agger? Cole on the left then?

Cole, Gerrard and Maxi can all play in each others position. Meireles can probably play behind Torres as well as Cole and Gerrard. Total football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It is a flexible forward line alright, Torres greatest use today could be to drag defenders out of position rather than score.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

adox wrote: »
    Of course there's also 4 4 1 1.

I'd be gobsmacked if both Rooney and Berbatov didn't start today.

Berba rarely starts these games but due to his form this season he is worth an inclusion.Rooney on the left may be the way to go as we need that extra man in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

mike65 wrote: »
    Torres greatest use today could be to drag defenders out of position rather than score.

100%.

and it's the part of his game that gets ignored so often.

let's hope we stay nice and solid, and the likes of Meireles, Cole and Stevie can get on the ball and stop us from being wasteful in possession.

SlickRic wrote: »
    100%.

and it's the part of his game that gets ignored so often.

let's hope we stay nice and solid, and the likes of Meireles, Cole and Stevie can get on the ball and stop us from being wasteful in possession.

I think of all the things we need today is much more urgency. We'e been so pedestrian so far. You'd almost think we weren't fit!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement