Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

en thousand+ ligthning in one hour hit Hong Kong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

13,102 bolts of lightning struck ground, thats the highest amount of strikes recorded according to The Hong Kong Observatory on Sept 8th. Such was the extent of the storm that people starting reporting UFOs across the city.

You wouldn't catch me anywhere near a window during that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

:eek:

Soo jealous. Don't mess with nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

That's amazing. Even more amazing is the lights never went out or even flickered.

Just ONE of those strike in my town and it'd be blacked pout for three days!!!

Awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Here are the METARs from Hong Kong airport during that period.

Imagine seeing something like that for Dublin Airport (EIDW)...... it's what we strive for :rolleyes:
    SPECI EIDW 081635Z 11049G89KT 080V140 1200 1100E R10/P2000 R28/0650D +TSRA +FC FEW005 SCT012CB BKN040 25/25 Q1005
    TEMPO VRB100G145KT 1500 +TSRA +SHRA FEW008 SCT012CB BKN050=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Stunning! Thought I was seeing things when a dancing ghost like figure appeared at 1.07s at the bottom left hand corner!

• Advertisement
Advertisement