Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Aliens visited this planet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

When you think about it, if you believe in humans you should believe in aliens.

The very fact that we exist must surely indicate that similar life must exist on other planets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

py2006 wrote: »

The very fact that we exist must surely indicate that similar life must exist on other planets!
    That's not the question though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Dave! wrote: »
    That's not the question though ;)

Ooops, your right! I think they may have passed by alright! ;)

When you consider our own planet for a second. At one stage, people didn't believe other countries and other people/cultures existed until they developed ships capable of sailing the seas far enough.

So we are kind of at the same stage with life outside of our planet. If Earth is still here in 5000 years time, people will be amazed to hear that in the year 2010 people actually thought that they were the only life forms and life couldn't possibly exist elsewhere.

Its the same thing in my opinion!

EDIT: I am still off the main point, aren't I? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ooops, your right! I think they may have passed by alright! ;)

When you consider our own planet for a second. At one stage, people didn't believe other countries and other people/cultures existed until they developed ships capable of sailing the seas far enough.

So we are kind of at the same stage with life outside of our planet. If Earth is still here in 5000 years time, people will be amazed to hear that in the year 2010 people actually thought that they were the only life forms and life couldn't possibly exist elsewhere.

Its the same thing in my opinion!

EDIT: I am still off the main point, aren't I? haha

Yep :D You should be a politician!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rebdot

Grimes wrote: »
    Id love a picnic.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Korgm1

No doubt in my mind that alien life exists and have been in contact and part of our world/history for 1000's of years. Even to the non-believer/skeptic there is more information for, than against.
    Dont get me wrong though. I've always been interested in anything with an air of mystery about it and over the years always been skeptical. I'd be the 1st to try and dismiss most sightings if even the smallest doubt was there. But with a little research it doesnt take very long before you come across cases which really do have you thinking and worth futher research.

Just my personal opinion mind you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

Korgm1 wrote: »
    No doubt in my mind that alien life exists and have been in contact and part of our world/history for 1000's of years. Even to the non-believer/skeptic there is more information for, than against.
    Dont get me wrong though. I've always been interested in anything with an air of mystery about it and over the years always been skeptical. I'd be the 1st to try and dismiss most sightings if even the smallest doubt was there. But with a little research it doesnt take very long before you come across cases which really do have you thinking and worth futher research.

Just my personal opinion mind you. :)

Wheres all the atom zappers and hover trousers then, or did they not bother their budgeen doin anything while they were here?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Aliens 'interfered with nuclear arms'

Tue, Sep 28, 2010

Former members of the US air force have claimed aliens had interfered with nuclear weapons - including during one famous incident in Britain.

UFO researcher Robert Hastings held a press conference in Washington yesterday to “address the vital issue of UFO incursions at US nuclear weapons sites over the past six decades”.

Mr Hastings said: “More than 100 former or retired US Air Force personnel - once trusted to operate or guard weapons of mass destruction - have come forward and revealed ongoing UFO surveillance of, and occasional interference with, our nuclear weapons.

“This information alters the historical perspective on the nuclear arms race and much, much more," he said.
    “The fact that the Pentagon and CIA have successfully kept the truth from public view for so long is in itself mind-boggling.”

The Rendlesham Forest incident, often described as “Britain’s Roswell” was used as one example of evidence aliens had targeted nuclear weapons. The incident, in the early hours of December 27th, 1980, was never fully explained.

Several US air force personnel reported seeing a strange metallic object hovering in the forest near RAF Woodbridge in Suffolk. The object apparently left three depressions in the ground.

But papers released by the National Archives show the Ministry of Defence’s final position was that there was “no evidence of anything having intruded into British airspace”.

PA

© 2010 irishtimes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Interesting post over on reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/dkw5a/does_anybody_else_think_its_interesting_that_in/
    Does anybody else think it’s interesting that, in December 2008, Dr. Ragbir Bhathal detected an unnatural “laserlike” signal coming from Gliese 581e, then today we learn about Gliese 581g an earth-like planet that almost certainly supports life? (self.science)

Here’s an interview with Dr. Bhathal

Here’s a news story about the new discovery

I’m not saying there’s necessarily a connection, but it seems like an awesome coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

Ziycon wrote: »
    Nope... We don't know what they are, whether there an idea in peoples heads or a physical phenomena hence why we can't explain them by our current understanding of science.

Sorry for the late reply, but you are wrong.

We DO know what they are, the definition is life not from earth, we have a good understanding of abiogenesis, evolution and so on and as such alien(not from earth) life is perfectly rational and scientific.

If you are talking about star trek or wishy washy energy beings, they aren't aliens, they are alien ghosts, the alien bit being totally rational and well understood, they arent from earth, the ghosts 'energy' and magic is the paranormal bit, and that doesn't apply to aliens as most likely exist.

I saw another article recently, lost the link, but it said with new methods of planet detection habitable planets by distance to their star could be as many as 1 in 10 star systems.

Life is just chemical reactions, its well understood, so aliens are very likely, but flying saucers and all that are probably less common, and very unlikely to have visited earth, which has f*ck all to offer aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I heard a theory that UFOs dont travel across the universe to get here, they are here all along but in another dimension. They use the UFO to nip over and back between our world and theirs.

Advertisement