Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba Laptop - CD rom

• 13-09-2010 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, the cd/dvd drive on my two year old Toshiba Satellite A200 laptop won't open either from pressing the button or using the eject button on the Toshiba dvd player program. There is no sign of the cd drive in my computer and the light does not work on the cd drawer. The thing has only been used about 20 times since I bought it. Anyone have the same problem with their Toshiba or any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks,

Rob.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

There should be a very small hole arounf the CD drawer. This will force it to open. Try that and see if it starts working. If not, try reinstalling the drivers for the CD drive.

CD13.jpg

If it's under warranty, call Toshiba and let them worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rob555mark

NothingMan wrote: »
    There should be a very small hole arounf the CD drawer. This will force it to open. Try that and see if it starts working. If not, try reinstalling the drivers for the CD drive.

If it's under warranty, call Toshiba and let them worry about it.

Thanks, I was wondering what that pinhole was for, actually, what do I need to do? just press a release button inside I guess? I'm at work at the moment & dont have the laptop at hand.

rob555mark wrote: »
    Thanks, I was wondering what that pinhole was for, actually, what do I need to do? just press a release button inside I guess? I'm at work at the moment & dont have the laptop at hand.

Technically put, stick a pointy thingy in the holey yolkey mabob and it should open the CD, openy closey dealy.

Technically put, stick a pointy thingy in the holey yolkey mabob and it should open the CD, openy closey dealy.

Okay, I got my wife to try it & it opened but will only open with the pin, no response from the button. She also tried a dvd but no luck either, so I need to reload the drivers? Which I should find with the original cd's I got but if the cd rom is not working what do I do, download from interweb?

Okay, I got my wife to try it & it opened but will only open with the pin, no response from the button. She also tried a dvd but no luck either, so I need to reload the drivers? Which I should find with the original cd's I got but if the cd rom is not working what do I do, download from interweb?

You can get them from the toshiba website. Chances are it's a hardware issue though. Is it under a year old?

• Advertisement

You can get them from the toshiba website. Chances are it's a hardware issue though. Is it under a year old?

Nah, under 2 I'm afraid?

Well try the driver reinstall and see how you get on. If it's a hardware thing it may be cheaper to replace the drive yourself than to bring it to a repair centre. They're not particularly difficult to replace and generally cheap enough online.

Well try the driver reinstall and see how you get on. If it's a hardware thing it may be cheaper to replace the drive yourself than to bring it to a repair centre. They're not particularly difficult to replace and generally cheap enough online.

Thanks a lot for your help, I'll probably get my hands on a new drive down the line.:)

Thanks a lot for your help, I'll probably get my hands on a new drive down the line.:)

Stupid things anyway. Mine keeps opening itself and doesn't open when you press the button, but considering I have used it maybe 3 times ever in 2 years I'm not too bothered about fixing it at the moment.

Best of luck.

Advertisement