Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota Servicing in Ennis

• 13-09-2010 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Now that Hogans Gort Road is closed, I'm wonderinh what people are doing for Toyota servicing.
    We have both a Lancruiser and an Avensis to get serviced!
    Where is the best spot to get it done, PROPERLY!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I always find Charlie McEnery does a good job on mine! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There is a place in the Doora Industrial Estate called the Garage. Get your own filters, oil, etc., they will service it then. Good quality work and reasonable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I second Charlies!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Cant recommend anyone but i wont be giving Charlie anymore business:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Care to elaborate?? Have been to Charlie a couple of times myself and always found him sound to deal with

• Advertisement

Care to elaborate?? Have been to Charlie a couple of times myself and always found him sound to deal with
    yeah. very simple,i paid him to fix my car.......... drove 10 miles,parked up.next morning,no start.......so he says it must be something else..... well so it must be i said......... a few days later,no sign of my car bieng fixed and no idea how to fix it or when its going to be on the road again,
    all i know is,he presented me with the bill and explained what work he did to the car,grand job,i paid him without any questions and then my car is the same as when i got it towed to him... and no refund..

nothing against the man,ive heard lots of people say good things about him.......... But thats my experience and wouldnt go near him he was the only Lad in town open.

prior to this epsiode,ive had punctures fixed,wheels balanced,serviced a car there and 1 or 2 other things......... but never again, not another cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 millington143

I would recommend Charlie Mc Enery also as i have dealt with him over many years and always found him to be extremely honest and sincere in his dealings with both myself and my family members who also use his garage.He has always been fair and always explained to me fully if ever I had a problem with my car!

I would recommend Charlie Mc Enery also as i have dealt with him over many years and always found him to be extremely honest and sincere in his dealings with both myself and my family members who also use his garage.He has always been fair and always explained to me fully if ever I had a problem with my car!
    ok charlie......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 millington143

ok charlie......:rolleyes:
    U are mistaken but i'd think of him as a friend and would try to defend his good name though............:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

The fact that he will collect your car and drop it home os a great service. I went one day to collect mine but it wasnt ready and i needed to get home and let the kids in. within 15 mins he had a car ready to drop me home and had a baby seat in it for my daughter!!

And then dropped my own car home to me a while later!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Did you express your dissatifaction when you collected your car? I always reckon that it is very important to complaint (in a constructive way) if you are not happy with the service you receive. I feel most business people would prefer to hear about complaints and be given an opportunity to explain or rectify the situation.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Did you express your dissatifaction when you collected your car? I always reckon that it is very important to complaint (in a constructive way) if you are not happy with the service you receive. I feel most business people would prefer to hear about complaints and be given an opportunity to explain or rectify the situation.

my way of expressing my dissatisfaction with a business is quiet simple,dont go there again.

the only thing i could have said to him was,remove that part you put into my car,put back the original part and give me back my money(as the part he replaced had zero got to do with the car breaking down).... how do you think that would have gone down?

on a lighter note,good to see this thread has got the lurkers registering.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

We all have our ways of handling things but I favour the direct approach. I'd have voiced my concerns.

Not sure about the lurkers you refer to but to quote Oscar Wilde - "There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ITOne

I use Jason Coyle at CJT Motors (in Ballybeg). He did his apprenticeship as a Toyota mechanic so he knows them inside out.

He's sound too.

Advertisement