Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingston Rd Pothole - Drivers Beware

Options
  • 13-09-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

Hi - There's a bad pothole / sunken road on the Kingston Rd just as you approach the lights at the top of the junction of Threadneedle Rd. It's on the left lane approx 10 metres from the lights. Take it slow.
    Reported to the City Council.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's a ****ing monster of a pothole alright. Luckily the FF think-in it happening just 500m down the road so if there's anyone who knows how to get a pothole fixed, they're in the area...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That same pothole was there before the races and they filled it in, had to go on footpath as lane too tight to swerve outside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Fortunately they're completely resurfacing the Thomas Hynes rd. at the moment which was absolutely perfect before they went near it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is it big enough to engulf the Ardilaun and its occupants?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Ficheall wrote: »
    Fortunately they're completely resurfacing the Thomas Hynes rd. at the moment which was absolutely perfect before they went near it...

Agree fully with you there I drove that road both ways before they started and I could not find anything wroong with it, what a complete waste of taxpayers money its a disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Having seen driver behaviour on the roads last week when the schools started back, I'm not suprised that with a bit of moisture this morning..
    Between quarter to eight and a quarter past nine, six crashes were reported to Gardaí.
    Five of these crashes happened in parts of the city- including Renmore, Parkmore, Ballybane, the Westside and Taylor's hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Agree fully with you there I drove that road both ways before they started and I could not find anything wroong with it, what a complete waste of taxpayers money its a disgrace
    Heck, I cycled on that road lots and there was no need for the work - believe me, you know about any bumps and potholes on a bike :) Welcome to how Galway City Council 'works'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Why do potholes sink back in when they get fixed here? I've never seen that happen in Canada (although sometimes the "cap" of asphalt gets lifted by a snowplow if its not flush)

Is it to do with water? Or is it just that they're "doing it wrong"?

Thete was a bad one on the parkmore rd heading south, they eventually fixed it but it sunk in just a few short months later. It's not as bad as it once was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Xiney wrote: »
    Why do potholes sink back in when they get fixed here? I've never seen that happen in Canada (although sometimes the "cap" of asphalt gets lifted by a snowplow if its not flush)

Thete was a bad one on the parkmore rd heading south, they eventually fixed it but it sunk in just a few short months later. It's not as bad as it once was though.
    Just doing it wrong. There are plenty of examples of the same problems across the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I am amazed that this pothole is still there, actually. Do the council workers not drive around the city and notice these things?

And on a different note, some ahole who was practically sitting in my boot all the way to that junction and probably urging me to go faster almost smashed into me when I breaked ands swerved (cause I KNEW the pothole was there) - and I really hope he did some damage to his car as he went through that pothole at speed. Numbnut, speeding andd tailgating in this weather.

What I also don't get is the amount of surface water that is allowed to accumulate in certain areas (Parkmore 'lakes' anyone?) - would proper drainage not be a requirement when building roads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Xiney wrote: »

They're definitely just doing it wrong.
    galah wrote: »
    What I also don't get is the amount of surface water that is allowed to accumulate in certain areas (Parkmore 'lakes' anyone?) - would proper drainage not be a requirement when building roads?
    But that would cost money!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Ah sure its great fun when you know its there and you slowy drive over it holding up the traffic then your over it you but down the boot and the driver be hide you puts down the boot and when you wacht in ther review mirror all you see is the driver and passengers voilenty moving from side to side , ah its great crack :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

Thanks for reporting that pothole to the Council.
    I never understand why the Council resurface good quality roads when there are roads with potholes which need repairing?

Advertisement