Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One shoulder dresses

• 13-09-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I was told recently, that in general, men don't like one-shoulder dresses. I never heard this before. Is it true???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Why wouldn't they like them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

It's not exactly possible to categorically state that men hate one-shoulder dresses. Personally I don't see anything flattering about one shoulder dresses and I'm a girl.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

personally, i think they are horribly unflattering, so i am sure that SOME men might not like them and SOME men might like them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have heard a few men say they "look silly". Like they just don't think they look right with one shoulder missing. Haha.

I think they look great on some people. They look horrible on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

I think they can be really flattering, wore one a few weeks ago and got so many compliments from men and women, also I think as one shoulder dresses cover a lot up top you can have a really short dress on and it still looks classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

I really like them too, was suprised when I heard "men don't like them" so just wanted to get a wider view. Thanks!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I don't find them unflattering, not for me anyway, I have broad shoulders and a one shoulder dress seems to flatter them very nicely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

I love them but im a girl so i duno about mens opinion!:p im actually on the look out for a black one at the mo Anyone seen any nice ones around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I wore a leopard print one shouldered body con dress to my best friends birthday and my boyfriend said it looked strange but nice. He wasn't complaining anyway. He says alot of my stuff looks wierd! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

i hate to generalise ..... (and sorry if I offend) but most men havnt a clue about womens fashion, they just cant undertand why it has only one shoulder :)

Id never let a guy determine what I would be happy to wear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Anytime I have ever worn a one shoulder dress my boyfriend had complimented and was also the one to suggest me buying one. You should just wear what you love and feel comfortable in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Asha

Gal44 wrote: »
    I love them but im a girl so i duno about mens opinion!:p im actually on the look out for a black one at the mo Anyone seen any nice ones around?

I bought a black one with a chiffon ruffle from the shoulder to the hip in Oasis.
    No link, sorry, but it's on their website. Also in a deep blue colour.

I love it & it's really flattering.

Asha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I personally couldnt give a crap whether men liked them or not. I dress to feel good about myself, and I wear what I feel i look best in.
    If some drunk idiot at the bar thinks its ridiculous, I'm not going to be bothered much.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭travelguru

i like one shoulder dresses, boyfriend likes them on me too

Advertisement