Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom talktime mobile

Options
  • 13-09-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I recently changed over my home phone to eircom from another provider. The sales rep called to the house and talked me through the options. Based on our past bills he suggested the eircom talktime mobile tariff which he said gave all local calls free and 60 minutes mobile calls.
    However I have just got my first bill and it has charged me for local calls as it only allows 200 minutes.
    I am fairly annoyed over this as the sales rep basically lied to me. I am going to give them a call later when I have time. Can't believe it though.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Never ever ever trust a door to door sales rep, unless he gives you everything in writing.

This goes for every company, the sales reps are not employed directly by the company and only work and commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

lukin wrote: »
    I recently changed over my home phone to eircom from another provider. The sales rep called to the house and talked me through the options. Based on our past bills he suggested the eircom talktime mobile tariff which he said gave all local calls free and 60 minutes mobile calls.
    However I have just got my first bill and it has charged me for local calls as it only allows 200 minutes.
    I am fairly annoyed over this as the sales rep basically lied to me. I am going to give them a call later when I have time. Can't believe it though.

Eircom sales people are not allowed to say, hint or imply "free local calls" as part of any package. The deal is no charge for local calls up to 59 minutes, but going over that results in a fairly costly phone call.

Eircom sales and telesales people apart from not being real Eircom employees (agencies) are lying scumbags tho so unless you have more that a verbal agreement stating what you were told by the sales guy, I think you will be hit with a nice reminder of why you never deal with Eirscum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Cabaal wrote: »
    Never ever ever trust a door to door sales rep, unless he gives you everything in writing.

This goes for every company, the sales reps are not employed directly by the company and only work and commission.

I am pretty sure he was working from eircom. I suppose I can always change but it's still annoying. He also told me my local exchange was going to be broadband-enabled, I have since found out there are no plans to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

lukin wrote: »
    I am pretty sure he was working from eircom. I suppose I can always change but it's still annoying. He also told me my local exchange was going to be broadband-enabled, I have since found out there are no plans to do this.

Im 100% sure he wasn't an Eircom employee. All of Eircom's customer support and sales are outsourced to a company named Capita.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

OP, He/she would have eircom uniform / paperwork etc but they are not paid by eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Venom wrote: »
    Im 100% sure he wasn't an Eircom employee. All of Eircom's customer support and sales are outsourced to a company named Capita.

Total disgrace, I will be switching to a different provider as soon as possible.
    Edit;I talked to them on the 'phone there, got it switched to a different tariff (talktime talker). €14 per month for unlimited local and national calls, 30 mins. mobile.
    Still annoyed but they had better get it right this time.

Advertisement