Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord

Options
  • 13-09-2010 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Morning All,

Just wondering on the best place to get a full service done on a 2005 2.2i CTDI Honda Accord Diesel?

Normally a friend of my dads does it, but he's hard to tie down the last few months & i dont want to wait much longer as the NCT is looming.

I imagine a full service would include: -
    replace oil (fully Synthetic)
    replace oil filter
    replace Air Filter
    Check all levels
    Windscreen wipers
    Test lights / bulbs & replace if any blown?

Anyone have an idea of the best place / price & who to avoid etc?

Ive also noticed squealing on the back pads when Im reversing and braking at slow speeds. To be extra safe, Im probably gonna replace the pads on all 4 wheels.

Any idea on price of this or is there anyone that fellow boardsies would recommend or advise to steer clear of :)

Thanks all.

P
    Tagged:

Comments

Ive also noticed squealing on the back pads when Im reversing and braking at slow speeds. To be extra safe, Im probably gonna replace the pads on all 4 wheels.

total waste of cash unless they are worn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭PabloIndentes

Thanks but not very helpful.

Am just asking for peoples advice on where this can be done reasonably in dublin & an idea of average prices.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

squealing usually means worn pads yes. There are a number of dealers advertising fixed price servicing.

Thanks but not very helpful.

P

Ok, you go and get new pads front and back so, sure get new discs too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

RoverJames wrote: »
    total waste of cash unless they are worn

+1

Squeeling Brakes can just mean the discs need a clean, you can pickup rotor cleaner + a wire brush in Halfords.

For that service i'd expect you'd be paying 150 euros parts + labour at an Indy.

For the rear brake pads your looking at around 100 euros for a set of pads (Bosch)
    thumb.aspx?p=PMPXRWRIRQRPQJRKTRSLRNRTRPRWSMSSRWRSRRRPSKROTJSOSKSJRUSKRXSJPKOROLOVQRPKSJSRSKRRRJOVNJPWPSOXNLOROXONONPQOXOMOLSMRSST&b=750&h=750&jpg=1

I'd say check if their worn first, not hard, just pop off the wheel and see how much surface is left.

Try some rotor cleaner if their squeeling and their not worn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Pablo,

A full service would include a fuel filter change as well (this should be done at every 3rd service).
    Engine oil: Use ONLY the best quality 0w-30 fully synth. you can get (Honda has its own branded 0W-30 oil,which is cheaper than Castrol Edge etc.)

Advertisement