Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Skips

Options
  • 13-09-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Im hoping to have a big Clear out in the next few weeks sowho would be the best value ariund for a skip around,or would it be as cheap to go with a car trailer load or two to the spot down beside Connacht Gold,
    any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There was a thread here on it a while back.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64451128

I used "Man with a Van" for a clearout a while back. I think it was around €100/150 to get a full van load of crap picked up & dumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

if your recycling, a van and trailer would be cheeper that getting a skip if your dealing with the plant beside connact gold (company is greenstar)

if its general waste it may be best to contact them, they do skip hire, they also do a charge per bag, 5 or 6 euro of the top of my head, i have also seen a weighing station down there, you may want to consider that. problem with a skip is, your may end up with half your streets rubbish as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I used Patrick (Man With A Van) when I moved out of my apartment to a house.

Think it was between €80 - €100 and we crammed it full.

So I recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Skips from Greenstar are €250

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

I loaded a Vauxhall Combo (small van) with my old garden shed (yes, the whole shed, which had collapsed in strong wind) to Greenstar on Deep Water Quay about 2 years ago. They weighed the full van, I unloaded my rubbish, then they weighed it again, and I was charged. I think the charge came to about €20, so it is very good value.

Give them a call on 071-9143037, and I'm sure they'll give you an indication of costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

cheers folks thank you for all your help in the end i borrowed a mates van and big trailer crammed both and it cost me €110 with Greenstar,and there was alot of stuff in it some job emptying it all out in the big shed of theirs but i reckoned i got good value

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

TheQ47 wrote: »
    I loaded a Vauxhall Combo (small van) with my old garden shed (yes, the whole shed, which had collapsed in strong wind) to Greenstar on Deep Water Quay about 2 years ago. They weighed the full van, I unloaded my rubbish, then they weighed it again, and I was charged. I think the charge came to about €20, so it is very good value.

Give them a call on 071-9143037, and I'm sure they'll give you an indication of costs.

They made a mistake! There is nothing cheap about the weigh in system in Greenstar, it fact it is outrageous how much they charge but as an environmentalist I like it that way, in theory normal people would be very careful about waste in a system such as ours however in this country it seems so many feel it ok to go to the nearest remote/beauty spot and deposittheir rubbish there! Boils the blood it does!

Advertisement