Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging baskets/ Wall manger/ Hayracks

Options
  • 13-09-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was in a garden centre yesterday looking at wall mangers/hayracks (16 and 18" width) with open sides. A girl working there advised me on the QT against these hayracks because they can get very heavy when watered and can pull away from the wall and pull out the screws. Has this happened to anyone? Have you used them, where they ok?
    She showed me a 10 or 12" half moon plastic holder and recommended that. It looked a bit small. I have a big bare wall and want to fix a couple of mangers and get big displays next year. Would 10 or 12" produce a big display? They were solid plastic so you cant plant down the sides with trailing plants which is what I want to do.
    Also, I priced liners for open traditional type hanging baskets and they are more expensive than the baskets! Packs of spagnum moss were pricey too. Has anyone used a diy liner with good results? Like plastic sheeting?
    Thanks alot for any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheFatMan

Plenty of long screws well secured to the wall and you can use the manger no matter how big it'll be a case of securing properly.

If this is planned for next year wait for a couple of months and buy the coconut hair liners in woodies/atlantic/b&q when they are a lot cheaper as they just want to shift the stock. They last for a couple of years and attract birds thats like to use it for nesting material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks FatMan. Good tip, I'll do that.

Advertisement