Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone use this website? Prices are too good to be true

• 13-09-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭

Came across this website, its an Indonesian site and the google description says it’s a wholesaler. The prices are unreal so they could be wholesale prices or a scam, has anyone used it?
    www.gotimai.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

You'd have to be pretty gullible to fall for this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mentioned here.

I'd stay well clear if the weightweenies aren't even chancing it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Awful attempt of a website, their contact e-mail address is @gmail.com, they could atleast try to use sales@domain.com

If something is too good to be true then it is in the vast majority of cases especially when your credit card is involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

$1250 for a TT bike? Scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

neris wrote: »
    $1250 for a TT bike? Scam.

Their entire front page only has TT bikes (ok, and a couple of DH frames). Is that an implicit suggestion that triathletes are more gullible than roadies?

I think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

rochefan wrote: »
    Came across this website, its an Indonesian site and the google description says it’s a wholesaler.
    alarm_bells_small.jpg

These'd clearly ring out! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

And if the deal seems too good to be true well then it probably is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

At those prices I'm thinking of flying over to have a look and bringing a few bikes back with me - anyone else interested? We could make a fortune;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cabaal wrote: »
    If something is too good to be true then it is in the vast majority of cases especially when your credit card is involved

I'd be surprised if they took CC. I found a similar site recently and as was pointed out, CC payments are fairly secure but I'd say if you went to order here they take bake transfer or Western Union only.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

CC payments are fairly secure but I'd say if you went to order here they take bake transfer or Western Union only.

Payment by cake?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Lumen wrote: »
    Payment by cake?

I meant bank, I was probably thinking about cake at the time though. I generally think about cake every six seconds.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I think about something else every six seconds

el tonto wrote: »
    I think about something else every six seconds

What it would be like to be Mario Cipollini?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No but Mario probably thinks about it too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BoReenberg

WARNING TO ALL

I have 2 months ago placed a order and made a money transfer after mailing back and forth for about a month. I was then 95% convinced that they were real.... BUT NO... :-/

I have heard NOTHING afterwards even though I wrote them several times...not even a short reply and before the money transfer they replied the same day (no I know it was to ¨"convince" me to do the money transfer and after that they have successed and no reason to answer)
    SO DO NOT BE AS STUPID AS ME....... GOTIMAI SPORT IS NOT A SERIOUS COMPANY.!!!!!!

Regards
    THE STUPID ONE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

How does one go about flagging a fake website? I remember google were running some service like that if you caught a fake website via one of their search results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

To start with, I think the best bet for Ireland is:-

Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation
    Address:Harcourt Square, Dublin 2

Telephone:+353 1 666 3776

You can also report internet fraud to the Met Internet Fraud team and the FBI's Internet Fraud team. I have done that in the past.

To the guy above - if you come across a website that only accepts western union, alarm bells should be ringing. Western Union will provide no come back against fraud and leave it to the individual to vet the legitimacy of the person they are transferring the money too - hence why a lot of scam websites will use them....not sure how western union get away with this cr@p to be honest.

Advertisement