Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing on in Ballina

Options
  • 13-09-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've to apply for jobseekers benefit tomorrow, was just laid off - does anyone know the waiting time between application and receiving the welfare?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Sorry to hear you were laid off, i was laid off from 3 different jobs myself over the last 10 years, sucks big time. They make you fill out all the forms and then you have to get 2 letters of refusal for jobs before they will process your application so try to get those in asap. Thats about 5 years ago so im not sure if it is still the same now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I went in today to have a chat and was surprised how pleasant and helpful they were - a far cry from my last visit in '08!
    According to the clerk, I should be getting my first payment by the end of next week - don't know if the fact I'm claiming off my prsi is speeding the process as opposed to claiming the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

I went in today to have a chat and was surprised how pleasant and helpful they were - a far cry from my last visit in '08!
    According to the clerk, I should be getting my first payment by the end of next week - don't know if the fact I'm claiming off my prsi is speeding the process as opposed to claiming the dole.

The Dole is gone, the payment is called Job Seeks allowance, Its not means tested for the 1st number of Month (I think a year depending on your PRSI contributions) after that depending on your income they means test it.

The payment is also taxed if you happen to be married and your partner is working (depending on level)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It's jobseekers benefit I'm going to be getting - I think js allowance is means tested.

Advertisement