Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Mixer?

Options
  • 13-09-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Im looking to buy a mixer for baking - you just can't do proper cakes, pastry or scones without one. My mum has a kenwood one and I'd like to get one also but i nearly fell over when i saw the price...some of them are over 400 quid!!! the cheapest is still over 200quid.....i'd budgeted about 80euro for it. Does anyone know of another brand which would be as good....or even somewhere i could get a kenwood one for cheaper?! Thanks!!

Comments

we bought one in lidl 2 years ago for 50 quid. Does everything we need (bread, cupcake, scone etc)

I subscribe to the lidl & aldi mailing lists and keep an eye out for stuff like that, reason being, I'd rather go with something cheap to begin with to see if we'll get the use out of it.

Now that I know we make use of the mixer twice a week for breads etc, when it dies I won't mind forking out a few hundred for a serious one

:)

mailing lists I mentioned are handy enough to find on their sites.

I also picked up a sewing machine a while back for 80 quid which has spent 6 months in the box so thats going on ebay soon if it doesnt get opened lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

RyanAsh wrote: »
    My mum has a kenwood one and I'd like to get one also but i nearly fell over when i saw the price...some of them are over 400 quid!!! the cheapest is still over 200quid.....i'd budgeted about 80euro for it.

You cannot go wrong with a Kenwood Chef mixer, my advice for you is to wait and save for one, they're really reliable and you'll have it for years. I don't think you'll get much for €80 I'm afraid, apart from buying Lidl/Aldi as previously posted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Breville do one for around the 70 quid mark and is very good for that kind of money. Stainless steel bowl and a few different add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

thanks for the advice....theres actually one in Lidl today
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100923.p.MultiPurpose_Food_Processor
    seems like great value for all the attachments you get with it, 550W of power and a 3 yr guarantee but does anyone have one and would your recommend it. My OH thinks i should just cough up for the kenwood one rather than spending this money now and then ultimately getting a kenwood one in a few years time.....hmmm!

• Advertisement
Advertisement