Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2010 Video Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

EnterNow wrote: »

All that being said, it's a very nice looking game and feels real nice to play it :cool:, I was just hoping for a bit more...realism I suppose.

are you playing on expert? turn off the driving aids too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wahmeister666

Just on the topic of bugs...I was racing....and hit my team-mate and a few others because I spun on the turn. Anyway,all the damaged cars and me,went for the pits...I had called for my pitstop (they said it was fine) so I pull in,and I see Trulli (my teamate) getting his car worked on (I thought "fine,when he's done,they'll let me in right after him") so he pulls off,and they are looking down at him leaving,and I'm stuck,RIGHT BESIDE THEM,and it was left like this,so I had to restart. Bad glitch to be honest.

If it was real,they'd have done their job,seen it done on a real race before,one car in right after the other,like,waiting behind him.

Anyway,just thought I'd share that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

are you playing on expert? turn off the driving aids too.

Well I wanted a shallow learning curve with this one, so only Brake Assist was off for now. I'll turn off some more later on, but my first impressions were even with the aids turned on it's stupidly easy. That all will change as I increase the difficulty no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

My game for the ps3 now freezes when loading at the start. Any ideas on what to do? Think I may just bring it back to the shop.

I deleted the save game files and now its working again. Is this another bug and is it likely to happen again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I have this for the Xbox, Im wondering is there a way to customize the difficulty settings? I mean i'm playing on Hard but i'm not too sure of braking points so i'd like the colored racing line turned on. Is there a way to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I have this for the Xbox, Im wondering is there a way to customize the difficulty settings? I mean i'm playing on Hard but i'm not too sure of braking points so i'd like the colored racing line turned on. Is there a way to do this?

When it's asking about the difficulty before a race, hit A on the highlighted difficulty (where it says 'Hard') and it will give you options - Dynamic racing line is what you're looking for...At that, play around with the line and braking :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Cheers, I got the game on Friday but havn't really had the time yet to play it. Hopefully get a few races in tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mod released for 85% of default grip to bring it closer to a proper sim.
    Looking forward to testing it out later.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2010-game-89/85-percent-default-grip-3224/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Will they be releasing anything to fix the issues on the PS3/Xbox?

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    Will they be releasing anything to fix the issues on the PS3/Xbox?

This is a mod from the racing community mate. id like to think we will see a big patch on all formats.
    Check out this video as it best explains what happens to me while racing.
    Remember this is just one massive bug if indeed it is a bug, i would not be surprised if it was all pre defined and planned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZ6InjuYGk&feature=player_embedded#!

Forgot to post this here, accidentally posted on the game thread over on motorsports forum.

Another bug ive come across myself is the 200,100,50 meter markers are equal distance apart.
    Not sure if they are on all tracks but the ones i took notice of definitely are.
    Another glaring mistake from codemasters.
    At this stage i have to laugh at all the dev videos with Anthony Davidson that were released before the game surfaced.
    Im still enjoying the game but to think they pluck the AI qualifying times out of thin air with nothing to do with the cars you see on track is absolutely pathetic.
    Also why can i win a Grand Prix in a Lotus with all aids off and AI to legendary?
    Its a joke how early the Ai brake into the corners, its incredibly easy to outbrake them
    Shame really as apart from braking zones the AI are fun to race with, i now find myself not taking the easy pass with the AI now.

Hopefully something gets sorted soon,its still an amazing game but the little things that are wrong are annoying indeed.

Patch confirmed !!!

Hi everyone.

We can confirm that we intend to create and release a patch for F1 2010.

This thread will be updated with information as we move through development, testing and release. It will take some time, and sometimes there will even be no news while work is going on, but we'll do our best to keep you as updated as we can. We do appreciate your patience - and your feedback to date.

Current Status:
    The development team is currently investigating, going through feedback, and looking at reported issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Dcully wrote: »
    Patch confirmed !!!

thats good because tbf its a great game. iv only been doing lap after lap in time trial and compared to the usual muck codemasters produced in recent years its a huge step forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Patch confirmed !!!

Hi everyone.

We can confirm that we intend to create and release a patch for F1 2010.

This thread will be updated with information as we move through development, testing and release. It will take some time, and sometimes there will even be no news while work is going on, but we'll do our best to keep you as updated as we can. We do appreciate your patience - and your feedback to date.

Current Status:
    The development team is currently investigating, going through feedback, and looking at reported issues.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,
    I've heard all that before off Codmasters, they promised the Son, Moon and Stars with Dragon Rising but dropped support after 6 months and one patch once they'd cashed in. The bugs are ruining this game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,951 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hopefully a patch will sort out some of the bigger issues with the game, but from the wording of the statement it appears that they dev team had seemingly no knowledge of an issues untill the game was released and so are starting from scratch - so i reckon it will be a relatively long time until the patch is ready and released. For some people, for a lot of people maybe, it could take too long before a patch is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I hope they intend to improve the frame rate on the ps3. I was racing last night and nearly every track which had a high traffic corners was hit by ridiculous lag. The frame rate is shockingly bad and as mentioned before the reflection on the cars is very choppy and slow.

I’m seriously pissed off about that but It’s still a good game. Released about 6 months too early id say.

but from the wording of the statement it appears that they dev team had seemingly no knowledge of an issues untill the game was released

They were aware of the imaginary qualifying times, the head of dev team admitted on twitter that they couldnt do it.
    http://twitter.com/T4RG4/status/25443565012
    I just have to laugh at the fanboys over on the official forums, what utter idiots, defending codies saying the game is perfect.
    Whatever about that place being a moanfest the fanboys are 10 times worse.

Lastnight i had another experience that proves just how much they pluck times out of the air, not just qualifying but in the race too.
    I was experimenting with some of my own ai theories so i set up a short 3 lap race @ in brazil in the red bull and set difficulty to easy so i could easily get to the top end of the grid asap.
    Final lap sitting on alonso`s gearbox in 2nd place about 4 turns from the finish i get a message pop up onscreen that Alonso just won the race, i mean ****ing hell its shocking.
    I had my suspicions from my career races but this confirmed to me as with the admitted issue with magical ai times the race is similar.
    Im convinced once cars get out of sight they disappear and are then taken care of by some process that simply creates a fake time.

Video of a similar issue along the lines of what i experienced
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZ6InjuYGk&feature=player_embedded#

PogMoThoin is correct, the game is unplayable now unless you play online or simply hotlap.
    No wonder there was no demo.
    Honestly in all my time gaming this is up there with the worst examples of a game released before its time.
    Anthony Davidson is on record saying he was deeply involved in the development of the physics and the ai, the guy was out for a quick buck just like codies and was spinning all sorts of bs claims pre-release.

Apart from some hotlapping im going back to iracing,rfactor mods,GTR2,GT Legends etc.

I can understand the cars not being drawn when not in view, but I am surprised they couldn't use the dot representation you get on the track GUI to represent speed/time/distance from you.

• Advertisement

They were aware of the imaginary qualifying times, the head of dev team admitted on twitter that they couldnt do it.
    http://twitter.com/T4RG4/status/25443565012
    I just have to laugh at the fanboys over on the official forums, what utter idiots, defending codies saying the game is perfect.
    Whatever about that place being a moanfest the fanboys are 10 times worse.

Lastnight i had another experience that proves just how much they pluck times out of the air, not just qualifying but in the race too.
    I was experimenting with some of my own ai theories so i set up a short 3 lap race @ in brazil in the red bull and set difficulty to easy so i could easily get to the top end of the grid asap.
    Final lap sitting on alonso`s gearbox in 2nd place about 4 turns from the finish i get a message pop up onscreen that Alonso just won the race, i mean ****ing hell its shocking.
    I had my suspicions from my career races but this confirmed to me as with the admitted issue with magical ai times the race is similar.
    Im convinced once cars get out of sight they disappear and are then taken care of by some process that simply creates a fake time.

Video of a similar issue along the lines of what i experienced
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZ6InjuYGk&feature=player_embedded#

PogMoThoin is correct, the game is unplayable now unless you play online or simply hotlap.
    No wonder there was no demo.
    Honestly in all my time gaming this is up there with the worst examples of a game released before its time.
    Anthony Davidson is on record saying he was deeply involved in the development of the physics and the ai, the guy was out for a quick buck just like codies and was spinning all sorts of bs claims pre-release.

Apart from some hotlapping im going back to iracing,rfactor mods,GTR2,GT Legends etc.

So when your following a car and you loose time on it, its gone and can't be caught???

Gintonious wrote: »
    So when your following a car and you loose time on it, its gone and can't be caught???

i've lost and caught cars - was in second about 2 seconds behind webber, took a corner badly and webber went off into the distance for a bit. Took me about 7 laps (too quick) to catch him again, but I did and passed him on the final lap.

Seeing more and more bugs as i play it, the cars arent touching the ground in the replays, the braking distances are all over the place, the times as well as mentioned in the other posts.

And some of the new teams in high positions as well, like an HRT in 8th???

Codemasters better get the boot out for the patch cause its beginning to destroy the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Was gonna get this for the PC on release day, but thankfully decided to wait to see what it was like. After reading this thread Im glad I didnt spend €40-45 on this game *beta*.

Seems like a disgrace, will see how the patch goes and if it goes well then I will buy it. But jeez, what a joke reading about these "bugs" and "glitches". Would be pretty annoyed myself.

Spotted another, there are these weird flying black things over the circuits, no joke like UFOs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Conmasters have a terribly poor track record of fixing and patching their games. Whats the bets they'll drag it on for 6 mths, then drop support and then suddenly announce the next game, just like they did with Dragon Rising which was a farce just like this, full of lies, marketing PR and false promises.

TemplarGFX, the best modder for Dragon Rising, got badly strung along by Conmasters. He fixed lots of aspects of their game, made new weapons, missions and textures. He was promised through email that H'ed maybe be taken on for the next game and that they valued His input, just cos his mods fixed the game and made it playable, it actually enhanced sales. Then they dropped him and called him a narcissistic bastard for showing them up, dropped the editor and the support for mods and crippled the game so there'll be no modding in the next one. He even produced the emails and pm's to back up the fact that they strung Him along.

Conmasters will never fix this, I'm just glad I've not paid for this game.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Conmasters have a terribly poor track record of fixing and patching their games. Whats the bets they'll drag it on for 6 mths, then drop support and then suddenly announce the next game, just like they did with Dragon Rising which was a farce just like this, full of lies, marketing PR and false promises.

TemplarGFX, the best modder for Dragon Rising, got badly strung along by Conmasters. He fixed lots of aspects of their game, made new weapons, missions and textures. He was promised through email that H'ed maybe be taken on for the next game and that they valued His input, just cos his mods fixed the game and made it playable, it actually enhanced sales. Then they dropped him and called him a narcissistic bastard for showing them up, dropped the editor and the support for mods and crippled the game so there'll be no modding in the next one. He even produced the emails and pm's to back up the fact that they strung Him along.

Conmasters will never fix this, I'm just glad I've not paid for this game.

Fcuking hell i wasnt aware of that BS with Dragon Rising and that Templar guys, they sure sound like a bunch of ****.
    I wont hold my breath so, makes me even more sick seeing all them posts on the official forums from noobs praising codemasters.

It's a joke tbh.

I was racing last night and the chequered flag came up at the top of the screen saying Alonso had won the race and the about 10 seconds later it was Sebastien Buemi! And he was 21st at 1 stage in the race. Disaster. I really enjoyed the race though.

Seems Codemasters are being slated left right and center now, even non racing sim sites are taking up the baton.

Thinking that the AI you’re up against materialises just behind you and vanishes when it’s in front of you makes a huge amount of difference. Rather than being a competitor in a simulated sport, you’re a gamer having wool pulled over your eyes. It’s fundamentally less pleasant.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09/28/wheel-life-f1-2010-ai-faked/#more-40309

• Advertisement

To be honest it would be mad of them to just let this one go, the game was built up so much and if they are seen to be not doing anything about it then no one will trust them in the future for other games, DIRT and GRID were fine games although i know they are far from Sims, also coupled with the face that F1 fans probably pay the most attention to their sport than any other and your left with an easy decision.

Also (not defending codemasters here at all) the game still is cracking, granted the flaws are hideous, but the experience is still great IMO. Hope the crack is sorted soon!!!!

Advertisement