Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2010 Video Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fake AI just spawn after they spin or crash --- pathetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BBTXpeGQs&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Dcully wrote: »
    Fake AI just spawn after they spin or crash --- pathetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BBTXpeGQs&feature=player_embedded

:D

that does look like a big old bug :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Corrupt save file! This is annoying, for those of you who don't read the games forum the corrupt save file issue is to do with quitting the game after practice. They recommend you go to Qualifying then quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Have to agree with Gintonious, I do not regret one bit spending the money on the game - the circuits are wonderfully realised and belting out the laps trying to beat your best time is really enjoyable (as strange as that might sound!)

As ive said im still enjoying it but find i turn off times in qualifying.
    The game has huge potential, but needs a massive patch to realize that potential.
    I had a go of one of my favourite racing sim Ai in GTR evolution this evening and it was a joy to be racing and qualifying against Ai that you know are real times and are actually on the track circulating etc.
    Fingers crossed codemasters patch F1 and not do a Dragon Rising on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hope the patch is out sooner rather than later.

My one worry is that it's not practical to fix the laptime problems etc fully, the model will be tweaked to hide the problem but there will still be unrealistic model which takes away from the racing

but will be glad to see any improvement coming

The game is far too easy imo.
    While im still enjoying the races in the game its just too easy.
    Im in season one with 3 races to go and i cant be beaten in the championship,ive won 8 races and podiums on the rest.
    The podium ones were simply a lapse in concentration due to boredom while out infront on my own.
    Im running the Lotus, expert settings all aids off and legendary ai, i simply shouldnt be beating the pants off the top teams.
    I was looking forward to a career fighting ' the back of the grid to start off and work my way up.
    Winning the championship by a country mile in a Lotus while playing the game at its most difficult settings is not exactly what id hope for.
    I realise its not a sim and for someone used to the likes of the usual pc sims aswell as iracing its just far far too easy.
    AI are far too easy to outbrake and that to me makes them easy to beat.
    No im not the fastest of iracers either,im very much average and a lot slower than the top guys in iracing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I still find it hard myself, its the game i expected it to be(except the bugs) so hopefully the patch will sort it out,word is that they are working hard on it but we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,951 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have to say that despite all the bugs in this game, I freaking love it. One of the first games in a long time that I genuinely look forward to sticking on for an hour or so at the end of the day and having a bash at. Love it when you nail a few corners perfectly and sail past the car in front, or getting your pit strat just right to hop a few places when the other drivers go in.

A patch is needed to fix a few (big) things but for the most part this game hasn't really caused me a problem with bugs and it is just so satisfying when you do well in a race. love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Also I'm getting accused by the stewards of causing collisions which other cars are causing. I also noticed the black UFO's in Montreal. At first I thought it was rubber coming off the tyres but it was too high up.

Still though I am enjoying the game.

I find the same with collisions, sometimes I won't even feel any contact and I get a warning, also have got one or two warnings about blocking at odd times

some things that I guess aren't bugs
    nice to see some birds fly over during some of the races, but strange not to see any helicopters

also the tyre barriers aren't very soft

and sometimes hard collision doesn't cause much damage

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shev7924

Ive lost my saves 3 times now.it is riddled with bugs.beyond belief.I love my formula 1 games ever since f1 96 but codemasters released a half finished game.I am so disappointed with this game and the bloody out of site out of mind track positions for cars.Is there any word of a patch

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

How did they release the game in this state? Something has be done soon to fix these problems. 60 euro is a serious amount of money to be wasting over this. Are refunds being issued? If not they fecking should

• Registered Users Posts: 45,951 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

having terrible trouble finding time on the Catalunya track. I'm a good 3 seconds off where I need to be, if not more. Best I can get with the Lotus is 1:27. I know there are corners where I am losing time, but I can't for the life of me see where I am losing so much time that even Trulli is faster than me! I've easily out qualified him in the 4 previous races, lowest qualy position being 12th, but on this track I'm fighting to get up towards 19th. Just can't get it right at all. Doing my head in! (still can't wait to get home and hammer a few laps out though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

Catalunya and Monte Carlo are two tracks that I couldn't compete with Trulli (I'm with lotus) even after switching traction control to full and gearbox to auto. My best result on both tracks was a full second behind the 23rd place. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong... especially on this freaking 180 degrees corner in Monaco - I hit the band when coming out of the corner almost each time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I'm curious, why so much interest on this year's release? Never seen a thread this long on this board before LOL.

F1 1985 Mod for RFactor for me....<1000BHP is for pansies LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm curious, why so much interest on this year's release? Never seen a thread this long on this board before LOL.

F1 1985 Mod for RFactor for me....<1000BHP is for pansies LOL.
    This is the first officially licensed F1 game since Sony released their PS3 exclusive on launch day. It's the beginning of a new F1 brand and franchise and is being developed by Codemasters who have (or had?) a great reputation for racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

having terrible trouble finding time on the Catalunya track. I'm a good 3 seconds off where I need to be, if not more. Best I can get with the Lotus is 1:27. I know there are corners where I am losing time, but I can't for the life of me see where I am losing so much time that even Trulli is faster than me! I've easily out qualified him in the 4 previous races, lowest qualy position being 12th, but on this track I'm fighting to get up towards 19th. Just can't get it right at all. Doing my head in! (still can't wait to get home and hammer a few laps out though!)

Apparently a lot of people are having trouble with Catalunya, the A.I. is way too fast in the second sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Quick question. Does the initial difficulty setting just adjust the Driving Aids such as TCS and braking assist or does it change the AI too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

Im loving the game despite its obvious flaws.
    The qualifying bug doesnt really bother me tbh.
    The only issues I have are thats its too easy, even with all aids off and ai at max Im still winning most races(in a lotus!!!) and I keep getting penalties for the most ridiculous reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

quarryman wrote: »
    Quick question. Does the initial difficulty setting just adjust the Driving Aids such as TCS and braking assist or does it change the AI too?
    It changes the A.I too. If it is Career you are talking about, when you are going to the next race go into the difficulty setting by pressing A/X. In there you can change the assists, A.I. difficulty and amount of flashbacks to any settings you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

AdMMM wrote: »
    This is the first officially licensed F1 game since Sony released their PS3 exclusive on launch day. It's the beginning of a new F1 brand and franchise and is being developed by Codemasters who have (or had?) a great reputation for racers.

That's a good while ago so I guess it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

Guys, can you help on finding some decent steering wheel to enjoy this game? Hence it's the only racing game I would be playing for now (and still not too much) I don't want to buy stuff like G27 for hundreds of euro. I don't really need the feedback, just a wheel that feels right and has configurable buttons (including paddles so I can switch gear shifting from stick to paddles)

Can you direct me towards any particular model? I have the game for XBOX but will be getting it on PC (seems that mods are already coming out) so it's a PC compatible wheel I'm looking for

Thanks in advance

Same question as above but for the xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I heard these do good wheels http://www.fanatec.de/

I got a great deal on adverts a few weeks ago, the microsoft wheel pedals and forza 3 for 50e :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Aghhhhh.

Can someone give me some tips for Monte Carlo?

I can't seem to get better than 1.21.3. That time still leaves me near the back of the field at practice (haven't even gone to qualifying yet).

I'm playing on medium with traction medium and abs on. I have quick setup set to fastest.

My laps seem really good, can't figure out where I can buy time.

Edit: ok, managed a 1:20.6 which leaves me in 10th.

Edit 2: down to 1:19.6 now. Still back in 5th with that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Finally getting some wins! Came 4th in Istanbul from 17th and qualified on pole position to go and win the race in Canada! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

quarryman wrote: »
    Aghhhhh.

Can someone give me some tips for Monte Carlo?

I hate monaco. Crashed during qualifying so was at the back of the grid. Managed to get up to 4th in the race and was catching the leaders with about 5 laps to go..... pushing hard + tiredness = yet another crash and I'm out, insanely frustrating.

Advertisement