Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2010 Video Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,362 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I find the chicane after the swimming pool tough, also its one corner that sometimes seems a bit jerky graphics wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I haven't got as far as Monaco yet. Got the corrupt save file bug in China so had to start again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

^ great vid!

Some patch news today...
    Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since we last updated on the forthcoming F1 2010 patch so here is where things are at currently…

The team are hard at work, and have been since launch, building the patch. We’ve focussed on both fixes to the game and a number of gameplay improvements based on your feedback. Once the process has finished, we can then release the patch for submission which will take an additional couple of weeks until it is available for release. Here is a quick overview of the main issues which we’re addressing:

1. Corrupt Save Games - We have identified an over-zealous anti-cheating check that manifested as falsely identified corrupt saves, specifically the ones relating to practice and R&D upgrades, the save-games should now load without issue. However if any of you are experiencing corrupt saves outside of this then please continue to send your PS3 save game files to us (Xbox360 & PC saves aren’t of any use to us) and we can test these against the latest patch to see whether all instances of this issue have now been fixed

2. AI not pitting in dry races where a mandatory pit stop was required (20% or more) – This has been fixed.

3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.

4. Puncture frequency reduced – The likelihood of players suffering punctures has been reduced.

5. Pit-stop lock-ups - Fixed several instances which caused the pit crew to lock-up and not be able to service the cars.

6. Automatically updating race strategy – Selecting prime tyres from the tyre menu (over default option) now updates the strategy so that the pit-crew assign options during the pit stop as opposed to re-attaching another set of primes (in a dry race of 20% or more).

7. First lap calculates correctly – The lap time for the first lap of the race now calculates correctly, from the lights going out as opposed to the cars crossing the start line.

In addition to these fixes we’ve also made improvements to the game based on your forum feedback:-

1. OSD changes – showing split times rather than gap to leader – We’ve changed how the OSD timing information functions so that split times are now displayed on the OSD, showing race time and race time differences to the other cars – I.e. how far ahead/behind are at a sector boundary.

2. AI affected more by damage received – Damage sustained by an AI’s car will have a greater effect their handling characteristics, effectively slowing damaged AI down more. AI cars that cannot maintain a racing speed will naturally yield to faster cars & come into the pits for repairs. As before, If they receive too much damage, they will retire from the race.

3. AI yielding to other cars when not on flying lap in qualifying - Improved AI behaviour to move off the racing line or out of the player’s way when the player is on a flying lap.

4. Increased wheel support – Increased wheel support and force feedback tweaks (where applicable) for the following wheels; Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback (officially supported), Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience (officially supported), Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch (not officially supported but will work), Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S & GT3 RS2 (both officially supported).

5. Wet weather improvements - Rebalanced graphical and handling effect of cars driving on a wet track - the level of wetness has been increased as well as tyre trails being made more prominent.

6. Improved Damage Modelling – Tweaks to the damage system so that more damage is visible / received during lesser impacts.

7. Next lap invalidated time trial logic - In time trial the next lap is no longer invalidated for any offence committed in the 3rd sector. It is calculated per track and is predominantly based on the final corner.

8. AI: Driver Behaviours - Addressed some issues in driver behaviour balancing that were causing occasionally unrealistic finishing positions.

There have also been several PC specific improvements as well:-

1. PC 'replay saving' and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.

2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, "ultra" settings for 'shadows' and 'postprocess'. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.

3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)

4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.

5. Additional Support - Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available 'modern' processors, like Core i7, which wasn't correctly detected previously.

This list is not exhaustive of the issues being addressed in the patch but a snap shot of the key improvements. Please keep your feedback coming though as it is invaluable both for the work on the patch and for the design of F1 2011.

Once the patch goes into submission, we’ll try to give you guys a heads up as to when it will be live and ready to download as soon as we know.

Thanks for your continued support & feedback.

The F1 2010 Development Team.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/432050-f1-2010-patch-news.html#post6638431

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

quarryman wrote: »
    Aghhhhh.

Can someone give me some tips for Monte Carlo?

I can't seem to get better than 1.21.3. That time still leaves me near the back of the field at practice (haven't even gone to qualifying yet).

I'm playing on medium with traction medium and abs on. I have quick setup set to fastest.

My laps seem really good, can't figure out where I can buy time.

Edit: ok, managed a 1:20.6 which leaves me in 10th.

Edit 2: down to 1:19.6 now. Still back in 5th with that time.

Finally nailed this. Most enjoyable track so far.

Spent AGES trying to get a decent time in Qualifying. Eventually settled for 4th.

After a few restarts i realised I could hammer into the first corner and and bulldoze my way to the front. As long as I didn't get a penalty for causing a collision and the front wing damage was minimal then I was good to go.

So into the lead the problem was that i was so much slower than the Red Bulls and Ferraris behind me. Here was the trick. Into options and switch all the assists on, most importantly braking assist. Since the AI finds it very hard to overtake as long as you don't make a mistake, turning the braking assist on means you just need to concentrate on not crashing.

This was all going well until about lap 6 on Ras Cas Webber squeezed in front of me. I just drove into him and he spun. I was past him and he was blocking the track for everyone else! As I moved away I could see on the minimap that the whole 23 cars were held up!

I plowed ahead realising it was only a matter of time before they caught me. I pitted a few laps later and sure enough on the very last lap I had Alonso right up my hole but scraped a win by about a 10th of a second!

Fantastic game. Best racing game I've played since Burnout on the original Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

Patch sounds great..... will reserve judgment until I see it though

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

Aghhhhh.

Can someone give me some tips for Monte Carlo?

I can't seem to get better than 1.21.3. That time still leaves me near the back of the field at practice (haven't even gone to qualifying yet).

I'm playing on medium with traction medium and abs on. I have quick setup set to fastest.My laps seem really good, can't figure out where I can buy time.

Edit: ok, managed a 1:20.6 which leaves me in 10th.

Edit 2: down to 1:19.6 now. Still back in 5th with that time.

Should quick set up not be set to slowest.

Low top speed -high downforce for the bends

Google wrote:
    "The aerodynamic package will be our maximum downforce package," says (Toyota) Head of Aerodynamics Mark Gillan. "We are not so concerned about drag so you will see appendages going on the car which wouldn't normally be on for reasons of efficiency and you will see different cooling options on the car as well to try to get maximum cooling. You also tend to try as much front aero balance, with big front wings, so really the car is trimmed for maximum downforce."

Munurty wrote: »

But if I have Traction control on does it matter what my downforce in the corners is going to be? I'm not going to lose traction out of it.

All I care about is top speed, right?

I might test it out to see which gives me the fastest lap time.

But if I have Traction control on does it matter what my downforce in the corners is going to be? I'm not going to lose traction out of it.

You'll have to slow down much more to get the car through the corner. A higher downforce setting will get you in and out of tight corners much faster than with low downforce.

Top speed isn't much of a factor at Monaco as the car barely has a chance to open up fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,214 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Munurty wrote: »

No.

Quick set up is quick for the track, not simply 'quick'. Ie. the max top speed on the quickest setting differs from track to track because of the various settings of the car.

Chose vettel as my rival in my first season with lotus, beat him and am now with red bull, what a car!!!:)

oglaigh wrote: »
    Chose vettel as my rival in my first season with lotus, beat him and am now with red bull, what a car!!!:)

Are the Red Bull and Mclarens noticeably better? I'm still stuck in the Williams in my first season.

Are the Red Bull and Mclarens noticeably better? I'm still stuck in the Williams in my first season.

Handling and braking seem to be better. I'm def able to hit the brakes far later in the red bull then I was in the Lotus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Thanks man. I love those clips!

I Would do a lot more.. just cant find the youtube vids to pull the audio from :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Microsoft have been known to spend weeks approving patches. I hope this one gets pushed through quicker than that but i'm not holding my breath given the amount of separate issues it addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Getting "registration of trophy information could not be completed" error since the bloody update......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Changed from Daylight Saving Time, thrashed the update and re-download.
    Seems to be ok now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Has the patch been released? My PS3 did an update while i was loading the game but im not sure if it is just for the game or for the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Gintonious wrote: »
    Has the patch been released? My PS3 did an update while i was loading the game but im not sure if it is just for the game or for the system?

Yes. The patch has been released by Sony Europe so PS3 users can get it. However, still waiting on patch to be released for XBox and PC versions.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/432050-f1-2010-patch-news.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Plastik

So is this game actually any use? I've read some opinions through the thread of people enjoying it at different levels (brake assist etc turned on ... :confused:), but is it really any use?

Does it compare with Forza3 in terms of car handling? I've read elsewhere that it's nigh on impossible to make the front wheels lock, and that there's little sensation of speed. The video posted on the previous page of Spa certainly looks very good though.

I play Forza3 with ABS off, TC off, Brake Assist off, Race Line off ... basically everything off, semi-auto gearbox, and the AI set to the most difficult and can still win races fairly easily, and cleanly. In the past I've taken to using the worst cars in the field just to make the season play races a little more interesting/close. Would I just be bored with the package that F1 2010 offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 doajob

Hey all,

Quick question about the multiplayer. Is it possible to filter the games I want to join by whether collisions are full or ghost?

So annoying having to join a session and then go into settings to see what the host has chosen.

I know I could host, but this also takes ages to get a good few drivers as I don't have any mates who play F1.

Is there any boardsie group for racing online with the ps3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,362 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Yes. The patch has been released by Sony Europe so PS3 users can get it. However, still waiting on patch to be released for XBox and PC versions.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/432050-f1-2010-patch-news.html

seem to be some negative reactions to the PC patch, might wait a bit before going ahead with 360 patch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I stayed away from the game until this patch arrived.
    Its still far too easy to win in the slowest cars at the highest difficulty,all aids off,tyre and fuel sim on :rolleyes:

Whats the story with other teams saying they dislike you because of your comments to the press? I have 4 teams now that dislike me because of this, and I said nothing about them. I always ive the most positive comments.

• Advertisement

Is there any way of knowing if any teams will offer a contract for season 2 if you keep rejecting your current teams offers? Or what happens if you have no contract for the next season? Game over?

Advertisement