Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Flag

Options
  • 13-09-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi folks. Just need a bit of help with this if you can. I need to get a French flag for a female friend. She's kind of home sick and this would just make her month :) I haven't had any luck finding one anywhere in Dublin though :( (may have something to do with the Henry incident). Does anyone know where I could pick one up. I want to get it for her ASAP.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

When I worked for Foreign Affairs we had to use this place quite a bit: http://www.flagsireland.com/.

I imagine it's quite expensive if you're just looking for one flag, though. Why not just use eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

There was a guy in finglas east called the flag man. I don't know if he's still in business but he was there for as long as I can remember. Just across the road from Ballygall credit union, not sure the name of the road. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

Thanks for the help. I had a friend in Finglas who told me about the flag man but apparently he's not around any more. I unfortunately don't have an Ebay account set up so thats not an option. The flags Ireland place may work. Even if it is expensive it would be better than nothing so I might give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Thanks for the help. I had a friend in Finglas who told me about the flag man but apparently he's not around any more. I unfortunately don't have an Ebay account set up so thats not an option. The flags Ireland place may work. Even if it is expensive it would be better than nothing so I might give them a try.

I'd seriously consider eBay. You won't need a credit card for purchases. Just set up a PayPal account, link it to your own bank account and pay with that.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/FRENCH-NATIONAL-FLAG-FRANCE-5ft-x-3ft-Polyester-/220665945751?pt=UK_Flags&hash=item3360b71e97#ht_720wt_706

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

How about a plain white bedsheet? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭bdr529

how about a big white sheet, dip one end in red clothes dye and the other in blue clothes dye ....

or if you want to really impress her use a duvet cover and when she's finished waving it she can sleep in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

keano_afc wrote: »
    How about a plain white bedsheet? :pac:

ba dum tish

french_flag.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Don't the Irish gift store Carroll's (sp) have them? Was in there and seen German and USA flags, could've been a French one, can't recall.
    There's loads of Carroll's all over town, I'm sure one of them has one.

Advertisement