Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone wanna help me stop children from starting?

Options
  • 13-09-2010 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I got this idea to make a website named perhaps macs.com, for Mothers Against Children Smoking, whereby the site would be designed to provide an educational package which anyone could use to explain to children why they should not start smoking. I took a first aid course and when we got around to learning how the lungs work, everyone in class stopped smoking for a day. There could be a free and downloadable video which can be shown to children, with graphical pictures and statistics of how people become addicted for life if they start at an early stage, how nicotine is even more addictive than heroin, and to explain to children the costs of thinking they are cool by smoking or of surrendering to peer pressure. Anyone who cares could then give a presentation to children of various ages, or even just to their own children. If anyone thinks this is a good idea I'd be willing to put the site together but I would appreciate help compiling the information. One project I recently started is http://africa-charity-project.org/ and you can email me at kenax@kenax.net.

What do you think about smoking? 5 votes

It's my business what I do with my lungs, blow me!
    0%
    It's more addictive than heroin and an unnecessary evil.
    20%
    kenax 1 vote
    Great way to collect taxes from a dumb population.
    20%
    kenax 1 vote
    We adults can smoke, but let's prevent the mega corporations from brainwashing our children!
    20%
    kenax 1 vote
    Dope is much more prudent and wiser than this crack.
    40%
    NavanEPSkenax 2 votes

Advertisement