Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter Box T+E cable into new home

Options
  • 13-09-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a query.
    My electrican on my new build has installed the T+E cable from the meter box up through the cavity into the building. My question is should this cable in the cavity be protected. I am going to be using a fully pumped insulation in the cavity, so is this ok to obviously fully encase the cable?
    My electrician said yes its fine, I'm just double checking as it doesn't sound right to me, but I am not an electrican or expert!!
    Thanks,
    Clint

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

it should be protected with a flexible conduit or similar

from where it enters the cavity down into the meter box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭handydandy

+1 for the conduit, if I was installing it where pumped insulation was going I would install the conduit for access reasons also.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Needs protection for sure.

some insulations will react with T&E and eventually cause a short circuit.

If this cable develops a short, then that's all the power to the house gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

A lot of guys installing this pumped insulation have told me that their product doesn't react with the pvc of the cable, I still don't believe them and for the sake of a €20 roll of flexible conduit I'd play safe.

Advertisement