Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Stat expectations

Options
  • 13-09-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi,

I dont know if im in the right thread or not.

We are currently developing a website. one of the companies we plan on featuring on the website are looking for current or expected traffic for the site.

now the fact that we havent launced the site yet shows that we have no traffic.

how would i go about getting these prjected figures?

Thanks

VN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

It's really hard to get an idea of traffic to a website.

You could of course create a list of keywords that people are likely to search for on a search engine relating to your website - but that will only give the number of searches per month for those keyphrases. It doesn't take into account the position your website will be in the SERPs.

Also - you need to think about how else you will promote the website - like will you do any other forms of advertising for the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

That's an impossible one! But I suppose you have to give some feedback.

I'd run with tom's idea about the keywords (keywords for search) just to show the potential volume. The only other lump in the equation is your position in the results which will determine your vol share (plus a decent description. I found you will bring in traffic even if you are below competition - but your description is better --- anyhow....).

It also would depend if there is a ppc campaign behind it as well. You can sniff around the net and see if any of the competition are using something like webalizer and if they have left a door ajar there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Well...i suggest you to use bookmarking sites for the moment, but there are over 80 things i usually do before starting to optimize the website...It also depends on the competition, and don`t optimize only for Google.Bing, Yahoo and Ask could bring you more visitor than Google as there are less websites, and less competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I assume you want to charge them for the listing?

You won't be able to estimate with _any_ degree of accuracy how much traffic a site will get.

All you can do is show how popular keywords etc., are and how much you are going to do to promote the site when launched

Blacknight wrote: »
    I assume you want to charge them for the listing?

You won't be able to estimate with _any_ degree of accuracy how much traffic a site will get.

All you can do is show how popular keywords etc., are and how much you are going to do to promote the site when launched

Everyone doing seo has its own tehniques and little "secrets" of doing this kind of work...I wouldn`t sell all of my tests and experience for money.I just wanted to tell him that Google looks for every mistake( from hard loading pages, keyword density to url structure..) .So there are many things you should have in mind before sending your website to Google.How old is your website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭VirtualNemesis

not old at all we are still developing it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭travelguru

Are you planning on charging clients before you launch the site??

If i were you, I would get the traffic first, then get the clients.

It has to be at least 1 year old until Google will find your real position.Until then, he will just move you from place to place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

It has to be at least 1 year old until Google will find your real position.Until then, he will just move you from place to place..

I'm sorry - but this is nonsense. Absolute rubbish.

I've ranked sites above 5 year old sites within 24 hours. And kept them there.

Just because it seems to take a year for you doesn't mean that its the same for everyone else.

Total nonsense

Advertisement