Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmigrating To Canada

Options
  • 13-09-2010 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was on the USIT U35 work in Canada programme last year and DESPERATELY want to get back to Canada. Has anyone an Idea of my options? I have no qualifications but 10 years experience in IT. Im open to anything from Marriage to just being Illegal!!!! Is there any way I can get another 1 year visa? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Paddy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

Sorry Potcher,I cant help you with this.Where were you last year?I am going to Toronto soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Met an immigration lawyer a while back. Her advice was, get somebody to sponsor you for a job, or marry a Canadian.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

Potcher wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was on the USIT U35 work in Canada programme last year and DESPERATELY want to get back to Canada. Has anyone an Idea of my options? I have no qualifications but 10 years experience in IT. Im open to anything from Marriage to just being Illegal!!!! Is there any way I can get another 1 year visa? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Paddy.

All Info is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Also it's not very smart to talk about being illegal in a country or marriage to gain immigrant status on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Well first off, you immigrate to Canada, not emigrate. You'd emigrate from Ireland.

When I immigrated I used this company to smooth over the process:

http://www.canadacorporation607539.com/index.htm

They where very helpful, vetted all my documents and where prompt with advice and information. For the fee I paid, in 3 years, they will also contact me to guide me through the citizenship process.

They are usually present at the work fairs in Ireland. If you contact them they will usually have someone arrange a meeting with you to go over your expectations and, once they have your information, outline the quickest approach to immigrating into Canada.

They don't charge for the meeting so you might as well go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Heard an Irish guy who moved to Canada on Mooney today. He has set up a website to help Irish people network etc. Its www.moving2canada.com. Don't know if its useful or not but might be worth checking. He said networking is very import in Canada and they help with cv geared to the canadian job vacancies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement