Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Skype for N97 mini

Options
  • 13-09-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Can anyone find me or download the skype sis from the 3 website so I can install it on my n97 mini? Infuriatingly the 3 website says it's not compatible with 3's special skype, despite the fact that my n95 was, and that they say the x6 is compatible as well. The English 3 website also says that the N97 is compatible, if i had a uk sim i could just get the download link sent to my phone and the get it that way. Does anybody have an X6 on three that they could use to get the sis? Or even an N97 and an English simcard so I could get the link for the n97 sis? It might be a long shot, but thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

ok, i got it. Found it on a forum for people who were having a similar problem. I can't get over how bad 3's support is when their network and price plans are generally very good. If they were half way organised they'd steal so much business from other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

They tend to only support certain mobiles for skype with my sony phone which was not bought from 3 both skype and windows live messenger give an 'operation failed ' error but i dont mind cos i dont use them all that much

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I can't get over how bad 3's support is when their network and price plans are generally very good.

They won't support a phone application on a phone they never sold, I doubt any network would.

They won't support a phone application on a phone they never sold, I doubt any network would.

It's on their website under 'business phones' and three.co.uk has a link to download the app for the n97 which has an option to select '3 Ireland' as operator. They support the app on phones which use the same operating system and they have a section specifically for people who want to keep their own phone but move to three. It wouldn't take a lot for them to support it for download, probably about 5 or 6 clicks of a mouse somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where's the option to download the app on the n97mini or other phones they don't stock, I can't find it on the UK business site? Sounds pretty good if they have that feature in the UK, would be very handy here.

• Advertisement

Where's the option to download the app on the n97mini or other phones they don't stock, I can't find it on the UK business site? Sounds pretty good if they have that feature in the UK, would be very handy here.

If you go to three.co.uk and then the skype section they have a drop down menu and when you select the n97 mini it says 'compatible' and asks for your English 3 number to send the download link too. I just picked the SIS up on another forum. Their skype service is compatible with almost any modern phone, they just don't host the installation files

Advertisement