Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albert College to close in January

Options
  • 13-09-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I have heard that the park is to close in January for at least 2 years to facilitate the building of the Metro. I think it will be a huge loss to many people who use it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Nooooooo! :( Really?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Link or GTFO tbh. No way they'd close it down, it's used for so many different sporting activities, football, GAA, tennis etc

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Theres no way they can close the whole area down.

Maybe parts of the ballymun road because they will be building through the Scout hall toward the DCU entrance.
    Theres no way an area as large as Albert College can be closed down for a contruction project. Especially one that will go on as long as the Metro will....

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I was speaking to one of the park rangers who informed me that the park will be used as a depot for the construction companies. The football pitches will all be closed down. It should not affect the Tennis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is no date yet.

Its the two fields nearest Ballymun Road that would be affected. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.383335,-6.263602&spn=0.004601,0.009645&t=h&z=17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

That's rotten news- I walk my dog there every morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

I think the benefits to the local population and Dublin as a whole as a result of the metro will far outweigh any inconvenience caused to people who use the park as a result of its part closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

yeah, they can just go to St Claire's across the road. Wouldn't expect it to happen for a long time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I was speaking to one of the park rangers who informed me that the park will be used as a depot for the construction companies. The football pitches will all be closed down. It should not affect the Tennis though.

I'd laugh only for its dublin corpo..we'll do as we please with amenities and fcuk joe public

Advertisement