Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frame size ?

• 13-09-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭

Getting a half decent (I hope ) entry level bike for 1-2 hour spins in the eveing and maybe 2-4 hour spins at the weekend and to see where it goes from there. for reasons I wont get into I need to mail somebody frame size required this afternoon. I am 6.1" with inside leg 32". Now I know I should perhaps take myself off down to a shop etc, but i am willing to accept any informed advice offered, I was thinking around a 50" but its a long time since I bought a bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

best to use an online calculator, but off the yop of my head i say a 56 maybe a 58 depending on the geometry. i have a 58 bike and an inside leg of over 35ish. i should have a 60.

depends on the bike alot, you will never really know until you try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Jeffm587

thanks saw a couple of online calculators and i will try that later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Im your size 6" and ride a 58, I suggest you do the same, or maybe a 60 if you dont like the bike to be 'small' on you if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Jeffm587

all the online calculators come back with 56cm , so decided to wait and go to a shop tomorrow, thanks for the replys, I dont mind the frame being a little small, more concerned about arm distance to bars if that makes sense ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

me@ucd wrote: »
    Im your size 6"

<snigger>

• Advertisement
Advertisement