Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever fall for a lap dancer?

• 13-09-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Had my first experience in a Lap dancing place on Saturday night was out with a mate who had been to one or two i had some spare cash and thought it was about time i tried this out........ it was pretty much what i had expected Lot's of stunning ladies all only to happy to talk and be nice to you for the price of a lap dance, the 5th or 6th girl caught my attention and that was it ....... i think if i had more money with me i would have spent it all, I'm just glad my card was nearly maxed out on normal stuff food, bills, holidays and such.
    Has this happened to anyone else or am i just being a twat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

robert2000 wrote: »
    the 5th or 6th girl caught my attention

I think you should go for it....... she was really into you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I wouldnt use the term you used to describe yourself however lap dancers are paid to make blokes feel good about themselves,if you dont have the cash they wont bother their barney so Id say chalk it down to what it was,a once off experience.You had fun but dont be so naive to think that you are any different from any one of her punters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

mikom wrote: »
    I think you should go for it....... she was really into you.

AH this isnt,please remember that before posting,cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Well Lap dancers are supposed to entice males.
    I think thats the whole attraction of the lap dancing business.

But yeah it is foolish to fall for a lap dancer. Unless you talked to her afterwards. Went for dinner, discussed your common interests and decided "I could spend the rest of my life with this woman".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I was mates with the bouncer of the lap-dancing place next door to the pub I used to work in Amsterdam. Had a few beers and a dance on the house one night, it was grand. About as useful as being in a restaurant, reading the menu and not being allowed to order anything though.

What was way more entertaining was watching the girls fleecing foolish guys of all their cash and moving onto the next dude while the first guy looked on forlornly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You were probably the 15th or so guy she was "really in to" that night, multiply that by a regular working week for her and she probably doesnt even remember the faces of the guys shes danced for at the end of the night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeap, if i didn't they wouldn't be good at their jobs.

:P

Would I ever follow up on it...

Probably not and not purely because they are lapdancers. They are in that club to excite and tease you.

If I was to get involved with a lady and found out she was a lapdancer, I probably wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd be interested in where and concerned that proper security was in place, other then that it wouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mackbolan

A lapdancer is paid to keep the punters happy and to keep them coming back for more.
    Keep your hard earned money and your dignity for goodness sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Had my first experience in a Lap dancing place on Saturday night was out with a mate who had been to one or two i had some spare cash and thought it was about time i tried this out........ it was pretty much what i had expected Lot's of stunning ladies all only to happy to talk and be nice to you for the price of a lap dance, the 5th or 6th girl caught my attention and that was it ....... i think if i had more money with me i would have spent it all, I'm just glad my card was nearly maxed out on normal stuff food, bills, holidays and such.

To be honest mate, the just means you ran into a lap dancer who met the basic tenants of a female that you would be attracted to (looks, demeanour etc ) and who was really good at her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭robert2000

OK thanks for all the responses, i thought i might get slated. I will stay away from that place and just keep a very pleasant memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

OK thanks for all the responses, i thought i might get slated. I will stay away from that place and just keep a very pleasant memory.

Probably for the best mate.

You'd be best off holding onto your money for more attainable girls. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Uriel. wrote: »
    Probably for the best mate.

You'd be best off holding onto your money for more attainable girls. ;)

I'd say it costs more money trying to see normal girls naked though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mackbolan

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I'd say it costs more money trying to see normal girls naked though. :D

Eh...'normal' girls don't charge. They give it away for free. Make the effort to talk to one. Only losers pay for sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

nah never been to a strip joint, but I dont think Id be to pushed, while yes there girls are attractive, and lovely to talk too. Its an act, its fact it to lure you into spending money.

Does she really give a damm who you are what you do and what you look like?

No

shes there to make money.. Shes there to lure you to spend your money...

So No i couldn't, Now if i meet a stripper in RL out side her work... Maybe i could i dunno would really depend on the girl.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

mackbolan wrote: »
    Eh...'normal' girls don't charge. They give it away for free. Make the effort to talk to one. Only losers pay for sex.

You realise that he meant wooing a "normal" girl costs more. Rather than he pays "normal" girls for sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

mackbolan wrote: »
    Only losers pay for sex.

Are you saying Wayne Rooney is a loser? Oh, wait......... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Yes, fell for one about 8 years ago. We have 2 kids now and are very happy.

In fairness though, I knew her before she was a lap dancer and we only started dating a few months after she started dancing. I've never actually seen her at work but we did have a pole in the middle of our sitting room for 2 years:D.

The other posters are correct. They'll be as nice as they possibly can. That's how they make their money. Each girl has to make her own money and to do that they have to get the guy to want a dance from them and not the other girls. The girls who are the best at coming across as genuine are the ones who make the big money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I dated one years ago, can't say I fell for her though.

Lap dancers tend to be physically attractive and out of the league of your average chap, so 'falling for one' who is giving you attention (because she wants you to spend money) is more likely to happen than normal, especially if you add alcohol and lack of clothing.

You could ask one out there, but I wouldn't advise it - you're already in the 'client' category in her eyes if you're in a club, and that probably takes you off the menu.
    Brendog wrote: »
    But yeah it is foolish to fall for a lap dancer. Unless you talked to her afterwards. Went for dinner, discussed your common interests and decided "I could spend the rest of my life with this woman".
    Do you want to spend the rest of your life with every woman you have dinner with or just lap dancers? Creepy...

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I've been to 3 lapdancing clubs and probably have had about 8 altogether..I know they are there to get men to part with their money and give them a good tim etc.. BUT There was only one girl, who I honestly could say I would give it all up for and run away with, I know its her job to be nice and all that but this girl was perfect in every way..We sat talking for a while and had a drink...But at the end of the day she was just doing her job...Although I think she may have liked me too....She didn't charge me as much as the others....

Advertisement